Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
arasner
Follower
Follower

Hello Community

I was under the impression that the Arlo motion detection worked based on heat detection.  I am trying to figure out why the camera is constantly set off by waving branches or shadows, etc.

I have just adjusted sensitivity down to 70 based on customer service recommendation.  I have repositioned camera to make sure not to capture any cars driving by.

Here is an example

https://arlo.netgear.com/hmsweb/users/library/share/link/2D1960AB488DDEA7

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Leaves, etc. reflect IR from the sun, a very powerful IR source. Repositioning the camera to eliminate the leaves and branches is about your only choice. Another possibility is to make a shield for the detector - search for "PVC" here.

cudaus1
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just took my system back to Best Buy today for the same issue you have. I have trees and bushes that blow in the wind and were setting off the system constantly. Called customer support, and although they were very nice, their suggestions didn't solve my problem. Nice system, but they need to address the tree problem. At the rate that my system was going off, I would be replacing batteries weekly!

arasner wrote:

Hello Community

I was under the impression that the Arlo motion detection worked based on heat detection.  I am trying to figure out why the camera is constantly set off by waving branches or shadows, etc.

I have just adjusted sensitivity down to 70 based on customer service recommendation.  I have repositioned camera to make sure not to capture any cars driving by.

Here is an example

https://arlo.netgear.com/hmsweb/users/library/share/link/2D1960AB488DDEA7

Thanks

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

jguerdat wrote:

Leaves, etc. reflect IR from the sun, a very powerful IR source. Repositioning the camera to eliminate the leaves and branches is about your only choice. Another possibility is to make a shield for the detector - search for "PVC" here.

Correction - search for "pvc pipe" and look for "success"