Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Frequent disconnection

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Rumuha
Aspirant
Aspirant
my arlo camera does not work. Constantly loses connection with the base station. The batteries are well charged. From the base station is located at a distance of 20 fit. The other two cameras work well in the same room, although they are further away. All the methods that are advised here I have tried. nothing helped . It seems that the WiFi module does not work well. Can a camera be repaired in New York? or just throw it in the trash? Honestly, I was disappointed in Arlo - a lot of costs for rechargeable batteries, poor video quality.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

For hardware problems you have to use the Contact Support link at the bottom here.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you swapped cameras around to see if it's the cameras or locations? There are a lot of reasons for disconnections including distance (doesn't seem to be the issue here), house construction, metallic objects in the signal path and 2.4GHz interference from other wireless devices. 

There's no repair service as such but you can always invoke your warranty, typically 1 year in the US.

As for batteries, it depends on why you bought these cameras. The Pro series offers OEM li-ion batteries. There's been tons of discussion about the batteries here, both rechargeable and not. Having to buy rechargeables isn't cheap but it beats buying the non-rechargeables over and over, even at <$2/battery.

And video quality depends on needs and expectations. A 110 degree FOV and 720p resolution (<1 megapixel) coupled with compression leads to certain expectations that have to be set.

Rumuha
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes of course . I tried all the methods described here. Changed the location, changed the camera - nothing helps. This camera is connected to the base station with great difficulty. All the same, it's in the camera itself. All three of my cameras are in the same room. I even tried to transfer the router to other rooms and to the base station too. This camera is still turning off. The batteries are fully charged.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

For hardware problems you have to use the Contact Support link at the bottom here.