Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy

Hi Guys, 

I just got my system updated with these firmware versions

Base = 1.4.2627

Camera = 1.2.2545

and it's really buggy.. I hope they'll release a new one soon and take care of it..

Problems:

1. Recording is randomly glitchy. It sometimes would not record even though it shows in my iphone's

Notification there's motion detected.. Library shows nothing.. Also checked on my email and there's none..

This is not good.. It beats the purpose of what this system does.. I can live with other glitch with this system

but not this one.. Earlier Firmware Version of base & camera were working fine..

2. iOs App 1.8.1 recently would crash on me randomly when accessing.. Especially when doing

scheduling or streaming from library.. Earlier Firmware Version was working fine..

3. When streaming live on my cameras, I sometimes have to press play several times coz it would not work the 

the first time when pressed.. This is happening thru my iphone using the latest App 1.8.1.. Again, Earlier

Firmware versions of base & camera were working fine.. 

I wish I could go back to the earlier Firmware version.. 

Regards,

Jon

58 REPLIES 58
KenC
Apprentice
Apprentice

Same issues and with same configuration.  Connectivity issues with camera, cameras not recording even when motion is detected, and slowness when camera connection is established.

Base Station SW: 1.4.2627, Camera FW: 1.2.2545

vwturner13
Aspirant
Aspirant

Boy am I glad to find this  thread. I have been working for days trying to get this thing to work. I thought I had done something wrong. I had someone from support helping me, but then nothing. They just stopped responding. After multiple resets and a deactivation things seem to be working better, but the camereas still don't record. I will be watchinng closely for updates on this situation.

coastalcarolina
Star
Star

Count me in as having all of these numerous issues since the last firmware/software updates.

The Android app is just as problematic as the webpage, so the interface with the system does not make a difference.

previous Vuezone user, loving the Arlo.
5 Arlo cameras, 2 Foscam FI9826s
sbtyper
Apprentice
Apprentice

Confirmed. I am also having this issue. Base Station is 1.4.2627 and my 6 Cameras are 1.2.2545. Cameras show recording but does not update in the library. It was working fine but I noticed that I wasnt getting more recordings like usual. Did all the troubleshooting techniques, resetting Base Station/Cameras. Force Closing app, deleting cache and data, still nothing. 

Netgear please investigate appropriately.

Thanks. 

vwturner13
Aspirant
Aspirant

Well, my system seems to be working properly now. What I can't understand is why Netgear wasn't more forthcoming about the glitch. They stopped communicating with me on the 20th and it wasn't until the 26th that I found this thread and saw others were having the same problem. I thought I had done something wrong and that's why the system wasnt working properly.  I'm happy things are working now, but I was ready to throw this thing against the wall. I think we deserve better customer service.

G-Squared
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same issue here, with same firmware and camera versions (1.4.2627 and 1.2.2545). I'll see the number of recordings shown as, say 6, and when I go to the library, I'll see 2. Wasn't this way when I first purchased the system. Worked flawlessly until this firmware upgrade and now it seems recorded images are hit and miss. Confidence in the system on the whole is starting to fade. 

KenC
Apprentice
Apprentice

Any updates from the Arlo Team on this?  System appears better ..., but was the server side fixed?  

G-Squared
Aspirant
Aspirant

Not better on my side. Deleted everything from the library last night. Got up this morning and indicator says 16 new events. I go to the library and there are 6 there. I then exit and check back later and it indictates 9 new events. I go to the library and the same 6 recordings are there as were there the first time I looked.

I'm not getting the 'can't establish connection to the server' that I was getting, but something still seems out of sync in regard to the number of new events being reported and the number actually stored in the library.

If there is new firmware I'd love to know how to get / install it and see if that resolves the issue.

sbtyper
Apprentice
Apprentice

This issue seems to be back for me. I am not getting recordings saved. All I did was change the batteries on one of the cameras. Something is definately going on. 

ChristineT
Arlo Employee Retired

Good morning/afternoon Arlo Community,

I have raised this issue again with our development team. It was thought to have been resolved last week. I'll be continuing to collect system logs for those of you reporting issue that will provide additional insight as to the root cause of this issue.

Can anyone confirm if this is still occurring (today) for them at this time and what (if any) error message are displayed? Does there still appear to be missing library content for new recordings?

I can then pull the logs to ensure the engineering team is parsing the logs as the issue is occurring for best results!

Thank you for all who are participating in this discussion! I hope to have another update for the group as soon as possible.

Best,

Christine

Arlo Team

____
Please click KUDOS or REPLY if you found this helpful.
Jody
Luminary
Luminary

I have received alerts regarding motion but no email and no video recorded. One of my cameras went from seeing motion as it should to not seeing much. Had to turn it up from 50% to 100% and it still does not see as good as it use to... Batteries are fairly new 92 weeks) 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Lots of rain this weekend that's finally passed. I had very few videos as if the moist air was limiting normal detection. Most of my detection is at maximum distance so pretty much anything could interfere. Now that the sun is out, detection is back to normal.

G-Squared
Aspirant
Aspirant

On my installation, when I delete all of the recordings, one of my cameras still shows it has 3 recordings, but the library is empty, so that number is always going to be inaccurate unless there's a way to clear it.

I am still monitoring to see if the number of recordings showing up in the library and the number reported by the camera is still wildly off like it was before. I'd say it's better than it was before, but am not yet ready to declare it resolved until a few days of accurate counts are seen.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I had this issue a while ago and something was done to clear it.  Don't know if it was just for my account or system-wide.  

ChristineT
Arlo Employee Retired

@Jody - Thank you for your post. Our development team is currently investigating this issue. Can you clarify what you mean by "I have received alerts regarding motion but no email and no video recorded"? Are you referring to push notification on your smart phone?

For the one camera that is now not seeing much can you reply to the private message I sent you with the serial number so we can parse the logs specific for that camera that is exhibiting the unexpected behavior?

If you can provide any additional information such as date(s) and time(s) this issue occurred it will greatly assist us in isolating the issue.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention and I look forward to your next update.

Best Regards,

Christine

Arlo Team

____
Please click KUDOS or REPLY if you found this helpful.
Jody
Luminary
Luminary

I receive an alert on my iPhone but there is no video to go along with the alert....

sbtyper
Apprentice
Apprentice
For some reason I am getting a lot more recordings than usual today. I did not change any setting on my cameras. Netgear, did something happened on the Server side? This is very odd I have had the same Motion Sensitivity for a couple of weeks. There is no wind or object in any of the videos recorded. This is getting frustrating I thought I had it figured out.
Showguy
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
I have noticed the same thing today. I am getting motion recordings for no reason. Just started today.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Don't forget that the sun is changing trajectory so something could be reflecting IR that wasn't before. I have a ton of false triggers today but also wind. Unfortunately, my camera is pointed west, almost directly where the sun is. Even tilting down doesn't help enough in my exact scenario.

JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy

Me too the other day.. False reading on my Library, showing a red marked 12 on the bottom using iOS App.. I got 2 Alert Notification.. Opened my Library indeed there's 2... I don't get it too often though.. but there's definitely a bug somewhere.. It would go normal again once I log in often.. I notice that when it's idled for quite awhile it makes this odd glitches..

mountaindewbass
Apprentice
Apprentice

How do we know when there is a new firmware available? I dont see any postings that state the new firmware editions and what they fix? I see release notes..but they dont specify the firmware #'s

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

mountaindewbass wrote:

How do we know when there is a new firmware available? I dont see any postings that state the new firmware editions and what they fix? I see release notes..but they dont specify the firmware #'s

We don't know till its released... But I can say a new one is in the works.

I've been running cam - 1.2.2688 / base - 1.4.2695 for few weeks now.  Not that I see much diff from the older version... just that they pushed it out to a few users to make sure it didn't cause more headaches than it cured.

Maybe a s/w list is possible re updates/changes per versions

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
RobertRosal
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

So Tom, with the newer version you are currently running, can you say if the delay that a lot of users are experiencing, got any better or worse?

-Robert
JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy

Here's a list of Firmwares that I wish Netgear would allow us to install..

Camera:

== http://updates.netgear.com/arlo/fw/gen3/integration/camera/

Base-Station:

== http://updates.netgear.com/arlo/fw/gen3/integration/basestation/

JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy

How can I become a beta tester here? Is there an application or something? Do I need to get lotsa' KUDOs? LOL