Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Firmware base 1.4.2627 & Camera 1.2.2545 is really Buggy

Discussion stats
JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy

Hi Guys, 

I just got my system updated with these firmware versions

Base = 1.4.2627

Camera = 1.2.2545

and it's really buggy.. I hope they'll release a new one soon and take care of it..

Problems:

1. Recording is randomly glitchy. It sometimes would not record even though it shows in my iphone's

Notification there's motion detected.. Library shows nothing.. Also checked on my email and there's none..

This is not good.. It beats the purpose of what this system does.. I can live with other glitch with this system

but not this one.. Earlier Firmware Version of base & camera were working fine..

2. iOs App 1.8.1 recently would crash on me randomly when accessing.. Especially when doing

scheduling or streaming from library.. Earlier Firmware Version was working fine..

3. When streaming live on my cameras, I sometimes have to press play several times coz it would not work the 

the first time when pressed.. This is happening thru my iphone using the latest App 1.8.1.. Again, Earlier

Firmware versions of base & camera were working fine.. 

I wish I could go back to the earlier Firmware version.. 

Regards,

Jon

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ChristineT
Arlo Employee Retired

Good morning Arlo Community,

Thank you for all your posts. We are collecting logs and are continuing to investigate this issue. Once we have additional information to provide I'll be sure to post it as quickly as possible.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Best Regards,

Christine

Arlo Team

____
Please click KUDOS or REPLY if you found this helpful.

View solution in original post

58 REPLIES 58
RobertRosal
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

If you haven't done so already, try and restart your base unit and your iPhone.

I have been on the latest version for a couple of days now and don't see any of the issues you are having.

-Robert
cyberjunkyfreak
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hi sorry for the newbie question, however how do you update the camera firmware?  I have the same base firmware 1.4.2627 however all my camera's firmware are reporting as 1.1.2074.  I just installed the system yesterday, and having all kinds of intermittent issues connecting to the cameras, I'm hoping it's firmware related as I'm at my wits end troubleshooting this issue.

I hope that you are able to get your issue resolved.  I'm going to see about updating the firmware on my cameras, any help there is appreciated, thanks!

JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy

Hi Robert,

I did pretty much the troubleshooting as it should and did not fix it.. 

It may be working for you and that's great.. It's definitely not working for me with this firmware version..

Again, I'm describing this issue as randomly glitchy especially with not recording at all

when motion is detected even though I get a notification and says there is.. I got this for a

couple of times now.. I am ok with other glitches but not the recording part..

I did not have this problem before in the earlier Firmware version..

I wish netgear would let us have access to which firmware best for us to install.. 

Hi Cyberjunky,

If you set your Base Station's "Auto Update FW" to Auto.. It should update itself.. If not, turn off all motion in 

"Mode" and go back to Base Station settings  and "Restart" it.. If it still doesn't do it, then do a power cycle.. 

If it still doesn't do it, then it's just a matter of having patience and wait and for it as long as your "Auto Update FW"

is set to Auto.. Coz' this basically what I did trying to update all I can and nothing happen and then the next day..

when I login to my iphone.. It was updated.. 

cyberjunkyfreak
Apprentice
Apprentice

Thanks for the great suggestions, I've tried them without any success.  I've opened a case with support to see what they have to say, in the meantime guess I'll have to wait it out and hope that it auto-updates sometime soon and fixes the connectvity issues that I'm having.  Thanks again!

cyberjunkyfreak
Apprentice
Apprentice

I found a version 1.2.2688 firmware for the VMC3030 here... just not sure how to go about doing a manual install of it...

http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2649/~/netgear---open-source-code-for-programmers-(gpl...

Showguy
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
JPC I am living the same Hell you are. This system went from great to near useless all in a matter of days. Now my system constantly loses all its settings, streaming live video is hit and miss, I am getting ghost alerts and when motion is detected I'm not getting all video clips in my library. Netgear I have A 10 camera system. Lots of money invested. FIX THIS.
cyberjunkyfreak
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hi Showguy, I hope that you get your issue fixed soon, it sounds like we are all facing similar issues that may be related to firmware.  I just bought the 4 camera system a couple of days ago (set it up yesterday), and have had nothing but intermittent issues with connecting to the cameras.  I had read so many great reviews on this Arlo product, and am hopeful that a firmware update will fix these connectivity issues.  I've wasted too much time troubleshooting this new install; I've come to the conclusion that it's nothing on my end causing any problems, it's a product issue.  

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

In no way does it specifically relate to your situations but I have the latest firmwares and didn't know it until I happened to check today. No problems here.

TheRealDeal
Guide
Guide

I have base station 1.4.2627 and camera 1.2.2545. This morning I started having issues with motion being detected and no recording from said motion in the library. I, myself, triggered the motion and saw the camera counter on the app increment by one but when going to the library, the video never shows up. The system had been working flawlessly, in fact, a little too well as passing cars would get caught by the motion detection. I have also contacted support in regards to this issue and I urge all thos affected to do the same. This defeats the purpose of having these expensive cameras. For troubleshooting, I rebooted the base station, opened and closed the battery compartment on the camera, and attempted to access the library from Android, iOS, and Windows Devices. I just got an alert as I was writing this and guess what -- no video recorded. 

Do you guys think it is a problem with the camera firmware or basestation? I have a camera that I have not hooked up since purchase that should be on the old firmware.

Showguy
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
To me this is either a firmware issue with the base or server issues on the Netgear end. Issues with Netgear servers are not new. vuezone customers had no access to their systems for nearly 2 weeks because of Netgear server issues. FIX IT.
TheRealDeal
Guide
Guide

If you manually do a recording from the app, the video always shows up. Has Netgear acknowledged yet that this is an issue?

cyberjunkyfreak
Apprentice
Apprentice

So I wonder if maybe it has to do with the base station firmware?  I just installed this new system yesterday (it's never been working right for me out of the box), and it has the 1.4.2627 base firmware installed, however all 4 of my cameras appear to have an older firmware at 1.1.2074.  I imagine the system was sitting on the shelf at Best Buy for awhile, and the base firmware auto installed when I first plugged it in, however by the time I got around to installing the batteries in the cameras, they never updated their firmwares.  No matter what I do, I can't seem to get the camera firmwares to update either.

Since we are at different camera firmwares and same base firmwares with similar issues... the base firmware is common.

Showguy
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
If I were you I would do the camera updates. There was some real nice fixes most important accurate battery readings. This problem we are having is not related to the cameras IMO.
cyberjunkyfreak
Apprentice
Apprentice

Showguy and RealDeal, those are both interesting observations, thank you.  So if the manual recordings are always being captured, are they stored locally on the base station (and then updated to the cloud once a connection is established?)  that could make sense on the intermittent connectivity issues to the cameras, and perhaps why my camera firmwares are not being updated (if they can't get pushed out from the server).  

Showguy, yes, I want to update the cameras, it's just that I haven't yet been successful in doing so 🙂

JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy

Hi RealDeal,

I have 4 cameras connected and what you've just described bout' not recording is what I'm experiencing also.. 

Good to know that it wasn't just my system.. I did pretty much troubleshoot as you did and still having 

the issue randomly.. I believe it's a firmware issue coz' before this update I wasn't having too much..

The Only issue I had the previous firmware was brightness & snapshot which it's unresponsive at night only..

Not a big deal to me at all.. Other than that it was recording perfectly and not having crashes.. 

This time though with this new firmware, I was hoping that it'll resolve the problem I had.. It gotten worse..

Now, I wish I could go back and reinstall the previous firmware.. 

Because we don't have access to which firmware that works for us, it becomes a BIG PROBLEM.. 

There's no way to learn which firmware is having problem whether it's the Base Station or Camera coz'

once you updated it there's no way to fallback.. 

There's NO reason why we have "Auto Update FW" switch.. They want us to Update Anyhow..

I think they should have it default as Off.. It should be Off all the time and it should be 

replaced with "Firmware Update Only Box" where you can download from Netgear's support site with Release

Notes which update they did.. and when done you can upload it to your system.. Netgear should know this..

It's what they have on their modem/router products.. Right now we're all stuck with what we have.. 

JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy

Hi Showguy,

I firmly believe it's related to firmware issue.. I dunno if it's the Base or Camera.. If it's not a firmware issue,

then I think it's the way how the firmware was installed to our system since it's autoupdate and we don't have

much in control.. There could be a glitch somewhere when it was downloading and installing the firmware..

We really don't know.. When they came out with this new firmware, My Base Station was updated first and a day or 2

later my 4 cameras were updated..There was indeed a discrepancy.. The previous firmware when I updated my

system, both my Base Station and Camera updated same-day.. It could be a contributing causes also why 

my system is having this non recording issue..Then again, it's a guessing game.. 

Cyber, 

When my Base Station was updated, It took a day or two when my 4 camera's were updated..

It finally updated itself.. I just left it coz' I've had it with reset, powercycling, battery

opening.. non-work at all at the time when my Base-Station was updated.. Believe me I was looking forward

to this new update but now I wish I could go back.. 

Showguy
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Just had another issue. 2 cameras record 3 different events each. Only 1 event from each camera shows up in the library. Never had that before.
JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy

Showguy, I just tested 3 cameras right now by walking around.. All three detected thru Push Notification and

Library shows 3 marked red in the bottom of my iOs 1.8.1 App but when I clicked it..

It only shows 2 videos recorded.. I think when cameras are idled for awhile then this happens.. I think that's what

I noticed bout' my system.. I really hope they'll fix this problem soon.. 

AnthonyArmato
Luminary
Luminary

Having trouble since the update also.

AnthonyArmato
Luminary
Luminary

13 Events recorded last night on my outoor cam that watches the wildlife. Only 3 showed in my Library.

And what's up with the lack of response from the Netgear staff ?

ChristineT
Arlo Employee Retired

Good morning Arlo Community,

Thank you for all your posts. We are collecting logs and are continuing to investigate this issue. Once we have additional information to provide I'll be sure to post it as quickly as possible.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Best Regards,

Christine

Arlo Team

____
Please click KUDOS or REPLY if you found this helpful.
dhu1223
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have exactly the same issue here. Hopefully it can be resolved soon.

AnthonyArmato
Luminary
Luminary

Is there not a way to manually revert back to previous firmware ? The system is now basically useless without the ability to record when motion is detected !

JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy

Anthony, Nope.. I really wish they could at least give us a way to revert back.. 

Yup, It's so frustrating that our system right now is useless.. Today, I have so many hits and misses on my

recording.. Invested $545 with this system with 4-cameras and now is useless..