Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 38 Replies
  • 11 Likes
  • 12 In Conversation
mabttp
Guide
Guide

Hi, I'm trying to set up my cameras and the app goes to 'checking for firmware updates', then sits there for ages before returning a message that states 'firmware update failed' the server is taking too long to connect and 'try again' button'. It just locks me into this process and I cannot get any further. Help!

38 REPLIES 38
burtmat
Tutor
Tutor
I have sent an email already. No response yet. Also, the chat function never works.
dsiu2902
Luminary
Luminary

What version of firmware currently do you have? What version of firmware are you trying to update?

What base station do you have? were your system working prior to update?

Now the firmware update has fail, is your system still working or not?

IOS or desktop are you using to view?

I am trying to collect some information from you, I want to see if this related to the latest firmware that everybody has issue with.

burtmat
Tutor
Tutor
It was a brand new Arlo Pro 2 starter pack. Wants to upgrade from 1.124.0.0_14570 to 1.125.13.0_31717. I’ve used the app on two different Apple phone and have used the website via a windows and Apple computer. It’s just one of the cameras. The camera still works but I can’t view it live.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @burtmat

I reviewed your case & escalated it. You may call support at anytime with your case number "40892814". Please keep me informed with your case & will be here to assist you.

artzr
Tutor
Tutor

I just tried submitting a support request, it failed with "Something went wrong, Please contact support team."

Is there an email address for the support team?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Don't bother with the email form - it basically never works. There's no email address to use, either. Use chat or phone, whichever works for you. And, no, there's no charge for either, regardless of statements about 90 days free.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @artzr

Here is the link to customer support Arlo Tech Support

Seamuskrat
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have exact issue. Got an iTunes update and system was fine before. Now all cameras require update. Motion notifications and files are generated so the cameras work but can not view live.
Sent numerous when inquiries to Arlo with NO freely. Only owned this system 3 weeks. IT SUCKS. An update should not kill your system.
I removed one camera and now that won’t even sync up.

Epic fail.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Seamuskrat

Have you tried to reboot your base station & test again? What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

frankfonh
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hello I just bought a set of wire free cameras and when installing it ask me to update the base firmware , however when I try to install it always fail, what can I do I have done a lot of things
frankfonh
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hello did you solve the problem ??? I have the same problem with my cameras. Hope you can help me
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Rebooting the base and opening and closing the battery door can help. You may want to remove the camera from Settings, My Devices and resync to see if that helps.

momac99
Guide
Guide

When is someone going to add an option to disable or make optional firmware updates.  Currently my cameras are disabled because they failed firmware update, no bypass ... dead in the water !!!!! 

dsiu2902
Luminary
Luminary

momac99,

Please read my idea suggestion below, using the provided link:

Apparently, no one is care about their future until next firmware attack them.

As you can see, there is not enough people to support it.

Arlo will continue making their profit.

https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Idea-Exchange/Add-options-to-select-firmware-updates-the-current-...