Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

No recording at night

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Del12303
Aspirant
Aspirant
No recordings at night. I see many new post on this with no good answers. Yes armed, yes worked fine before, hard wired in so no battery worries.work fine all day. Could it be sleep mode cause by my phone at night? Also if shared to someone can they have Geo fencing on with out me knowing. I'm the main account and mine is set to armed? Please help.
6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Do you use different modes for day and night? Are they scheduled? Have you tried manually selecting the night one to see if it works? Are the motion indicators on the Devices tab black or gray at night? Have you tested operation yourself to see if it's a motion sensitivity setting that needs to be tweaked? Rebooting the base may help.

I don't believe geofencing can be modified by someone granted access.

Del12303
Aspirant
Aspirant
I'm on armed not schedule?
Del12303
Aspirant
Aspirant
Also works fine in the evening dark hours. Just stops around 10pm and starts about 6am. Again I'm not on schedule in the mode settings I'm on armed.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Reboot the base - maybe reloading your settings may help.

Redbear6
Tutor
Tutor

My system does not record between roughly nine in the evening and six in the morning. Unfortunately, this is when I need it the most. I have reset the base station, rebooted the system, and installed all the cameras several times.  The system is set to always armed in the default configuration and it records just fine throughout the day.  I can’t figure out what to do and would hate to dump this expensive system in the trash and go hardwired.

suggestions? 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Do you use a schedule? Are you saying you just use the Armed mode 24/7? Have you increased the sensitivity in your modes/rules? Have you tested by walking in front of the cameras and watching for the red LEDs to light? WHat are the base LEDs showing at night during this time period?