Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

False Alerts when checking the app

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
armoredsaint
Apprentice
Apprentice

This has been happening for about 6 months or so, finally got annoyed by it. Whenever I log into the app on my iPhone 6+ (everything is up to date), I would get an alert instantly on one of my cameras about 50% of the time. 

Can someone help, is this a glitch? I have restarted the Arlo receiver etc...it happens when I'm on my ipad also or desktop browser.

7 REPLIES 7
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

I see that every now and then when arming my cameras... I get a false trigger 20 secs after arming.

And your not the only one in the past.

I trackedmy issue down to what I think is running nested rules ( a sense, b record / b sense , a record , etc ).... Are you running any like this?

Either way , put in a trouble report to Netgear and see what they come up with.

IF not, you could alway totally remove the camera( SETTINGS>REMOVE DEVICE ) then bring it back as new  and that may fix it ( also swap with another to see if the issue follows the camera or not.)

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
armoredsaint
Apprentice
Apprentice

TomMac wrote:

I see that every now and then when arming my cameras... I get a false trigger 20 secs after arming.

And your not the only one in the past.

I trackedmy issue down to what I think is running nested rules ( a sense, b record / b sense , a record , etc ).... Are you running any like this?

Either way , put in a trouble report to Netgear and see what they come up with.

IF not, you could alway totally remove the camera( SETTINGS>REMOVE DEVICE ) then bring it back as new  and that may fix it ( also swap with another to see if the issue follows the camera or not.)

i was curious to what you meant by nested rules? i guess i can try removing and re-connecting them again.

armoredsaint
Apprentice
Apprentice

found a thread with the same issue and no resolution as usually from netgear...Smiley Indifferent

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Pro/Using-the-App-False-Reports/m-p/1203637#U1203637

armoredsaint
Apprentice
Apprentice

still nothing from the mods here? it's really annoying, somedays i get 3 false positives within 5 seconds of opening my iphone app...

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

armoredsaint,

I've not been able to reproduce this issue. Some users who have experienced this have confirmed a base station reboot (using the on-off button) resolves the issue. Have you tried a reboot?

JamesC

texbeau
Apprentice
Apprentice
That does not resolve the issue for me. I have rebooted my base station numerous times with both the power button and unplugging it. I still get false alerts when I log into the app on any computer and on my iPhone and on my Galaxy Android device.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

texbeau,

Is it the same camera that causes this behavior? Consider removing and resyncing the camera that is triggering when you log in. Do you still experience the same behavior?

JamesC