Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Base Station - Can't connect to Arlo wireless camera

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
MaxAlcalay
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm able to connect to the Arlo Q (and watch on my smartphone) cameras but not the Arlo wireless cameras. I have tried to sync with the base but when I press the sync button (1 sec, 2 sec, etc) on the base nothing happens. The only light that is on is the power light........Any suggestions?

13 REPLIES 13
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What color is the power LED? If not green, all bets are off. If green, the reasons for no Internet LED are 1) bad port on the base, 2) bad port on the router, 3)bad Ethernet cable. If you've eliminated 2 and 3, it's a bad base. Swap at the store or open a case with support here.

MaxAlcalay
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for your response.......the power light is amber. The other lights are not on......the Arlo Qs are connected and working, the Arlo Wireless are the ones I can't seem to be able to connect. Any suggestions?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The best you can do is to try resetting the base by pressing the reset button until the LEDs flash amber.  If that doesn't happen, either the base or the power supply is faulty.  Easy thing to do is swap at the store. Otherwise, open a case with support here.

MaxAlcalay
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just tried to reset the base but the light is still amber and it doesn't flash. What i don't understand is why the Arlo Qs are still working. Let me know what i should do.....thanks.

Smithl56
Aspirant
Aspirant
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If you recall when setting up the various cameras, the Q has absolutely nothing to do with a base station.  They simply connect directly to your WiFi.

You apparently have faulty hardware.  The only way to fix this is to open a case with support so an RMA is approved.

MaxAlcalay
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for your reply. Another question.......can i just use Arlo Qs without the base, how many Arlo Qs can i add to my system? Just to be clear, i dont need a base to use Arlo Qs?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Your only limit for Q cameras is your plan since the basic, free plan only allows 5 total cameras to be active at one time. On a side note, your upload bandwidth could be a limiting factor, too, if you frequently have several cameras recording or live viewing.

It's all about the total number of cameras and nothing else.

speedlimiter
Aspirant
Aspirant
I think the hardware isn’t the problem here. I heard from two other people, that they have exactly the same problems since 2 days.

Do you also have the first gen Arlo Bridge?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Not sure what you're trying to say - what isn't working? What do you see for the base LEDs?  What have you tried?  I have a Q camera as well as both original and Pro bases and cameras in use.

speedlimiter
Aspirant
Aspirant
In the German Arlo forum are at least five threads regarding this topic. From what the author of this thread writes in his initial post, it seems he has the same problem.

symptoms:

- base station/ cameras appear offline, sporadically they get a connection
- can’t review existing recordings
- can’t view live feed
- can’t login into the app
MaxAlcalay
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am purchasing 2 more ArloQ and returning the base and the Arlos so I will have a total of just 4 ArloQ, can I connect just 4 ArloQ in my home? No base station. Is this possible?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes, no problem.