Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
BazzaB
Follower
Follower

I have a large concrete tilt slab house and can only get the cameras to work down one end of the house. I already have wifi 3 extenders connected to a netgear ehternet switch. Do i just plug the Base Station into the ethernet swith and it will use the wifi extenders or do i need to add another Base Station.How do I add another base station to increase the range.

barry@soundvision.co.nz

2 REPLIES 2
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

You have two methods to increase your range under those conditions.... the cameras will ONLY talk to the base and not work alone thru an extender.

1) use a second base plugged into a wifi extender ethernet port ( set up on main wifi system first before moving ) IF the wifi extender has enough range too

2) run an ethernet cable ( up to a few hundred feet ) from your switch / ethernet port  of the main wifi system to the far end of the home and plug into a second base.

IMO, the first is easier if your extender has enough range and thru-put for the base, but the second would be the better choice long term as if needed you can split the cable in a simple switch for additional ports at the far end

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It may also be useful to place the base station as high as possible to get better range.