Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Ethernet not connecting

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
GAmike
Aspirant
Aspirant

I cannot seem to get the ethernet from the netgear modem to talk to the comcast modem. When I try to sync, the ethernet light on the netgear modem starts flashing and no connection. I have switched  ethernet cables, called comcast and still cannot complete the connection. Any other ideas will be appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Model numbers of the equipment might help. Normally you would hook the base station (it's not a modem) to a router that connects to the Comcast modem, not directly to the modem. If the modem is also a router with multiple Ethernet ports, that should work as long as there's communication going on between the two.  Give us more details on the hardware and configuration.

GAmike
Aspirant
Aspirant

I finally figured it out. The instructions say to push and hold the button on the side of the Netgear modem, however, you only have to push the button once and release to get it to sync. Thanks for you help.

Delta06
Aspirant
Aspirant
I tried to restart my base station by deactivating, since then nothing I do (factory reset several times, resync all cameras several times each, opened and closed all cameras, connect to different modem) gets my cameras or base station back on line. I'm using a Belkins as my primary modem and a second remote wireless Belkins. Could sure use some help! Thanks
JD
GAmike
Aspirant
Aspirant

I would suggest you contact the online support. They walked me through the setup procedure and found that that the instructional manual was incorrect. Good luck.