Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

simonjf
Follower
Follower

I have just received an email about the End Of Life policy. If this is actually what is going to happen then I need to follow up with all my friends and family, social media connections to advocate against Arlo, and search for an alternative company and service, likely starting my own online storage service for them with appropriate security cameras.

Additionally, contacts at Arlo seem to be designed to prevent actual communication - which has the stink of a company that hates its customers.

Best answers
  • JamesC
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

New, updated information is now available regarding the EoL policy that is very relevant to much of the discussion taking place here in this community thread. These changes will allow Arlo legacy users who currently have 7-day storage service to continue receiving that service, uninterrupted.

I encourage you all to visit https://downloads.arlo.com/images/PDFs/EOL_Policy/arlo-end-of-life-policy-021023.pdf and read up on these changes.

Thank you,

JamesC

• JamesC
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

Hello Arlo Community,

With the recently announced Arlo end-of-life policy, we understand many of you are seeking more clarity and a path forward after your device becomes end-of-life. In the coming days we will be reaching out to impacted users via email with special offers. Keep an eye out for those emails as they will contain more details about these offers and instructions on how to take advantage of them.

For those who may not have read this new policy or have questions about how this may impact you, I encourage you to take a look here: https://downloads.arlo.com/images/PDFs/EOL_Policy/arlo-end-of-life-policy-021023.pdf?cid=a&cid=a

If you've not received a discount offer via email, visit https://www.arlo.com/en-us/eol-offer-form.html and enter your email address, if your account is eligible you will then receive the discount offer via email.

Thank you,

JamesC

1,510 REPLIES 1,510
DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

@gmcjetpilot ,

regards the arlo EOL policy, arlo has pulled the plug on their attempt to ditch the 7days cloud service. The email notifications and E911 services are earmarked to end still.

Ditching of the push notifications are still uncertain but will have to wait and see I guess.

Captiva
Star
Star

@KenMabie wrote:

If Arlo prevents my working and 100% functional Pro 2 cameras from working, or prevents me from accessing the videos via app I will follow with legal action. I bought the cameras, I own the cameras, functionality of the cameras is implied upon purchase of the cameras. They are mine and not the company's. And since I can file in forma pauperis the company and their lawyers won't be able to bleed me dry. I have everything documented. And I will even subpoena Louis Rossman of Rossman Repair Group as a witness to Arlo's unethical business practices. Louis Rossman has already made several videos about Arlo and what they are doing and he also has numerous decades of experience in both the electronics field and with right to repair/consumer rights. 

Arlo. You go down this path and not only will you lose a vast majority of customers, you'll lose the court case as well. 

Do the right thing and support your customers. 

Or else

Oh please. Impressive use of latin. Internet threats "or else" are actionable, too you know.

Enjoy your 20% off Arlo coupon in 5 years if you win.

Captiva
Star
Star

Aye, fight and you may die.

Run and you’ll live, at least a while.

And dying in your beds many years from now, would you be willing to trade all the days from this day to that for one chance, just one chance to come back here and tell our enemies that they may take our Arlo, but they’ll never take our freedom!

mattski2
Initiate
Initiate

One more totally dissatisfied customer. I have two cameras and you've just arbitrarily end-of-lifed them, Arlo. Okay, what's end-of-life is _you_. I've just cancelled my Arlo Secure Single Camera - Monthly subscription. 

Silva1333
Initiate
Initiate

Spoke to Ring rep and was advised they don’t force newer cameras on their older camera customers. Shame on you Arlo!

VirtuallyMark
Star
Star

My wife is a REALTOR and, in addition to having an Arlo system, we have also recommended Arlo to a number of clients. Because they are unhappy at Arlo's misguided End of LIfe policy, we may lose tens of thousands of dollars of future business. Clearly bacause Arlo has shown itself to be untrustworthy, we will never purchase any more Arlo cameras nor will we ever recommned Arlo to anyone. We will affirmatively tell them to avoid Arlo and look at other security systems. As far as we are concerned, Arlo will NEVER be able to regain our trust. How can any one have any confidence that Arlo will not unexpectedly change their subscriptions by removing features or substantially increase the cost?

A couple of other things. Although, Arlo seems to have reluctantly reversed themselves and restored at least part of their promised "lifetime" 7 day storage, they seem to have already removed other features such as setting modes.

NO MORE ARLO!!!!

Silva1333
Initiate
Initiate

I agree! I spoke to a ring rep and was advised as long as the camera works, no need or forced to upgrade. I have 1st generation cameras that work fine. Once Arlo ends that, I’ll be purchasing ring camera security, as well as my other friends n family that are in the same boat. Arlo cares more about $$$ than their loyal customers. 

Captiva
Star
Star

To blame your WIFE for the fault of Arlo's poor business decsions I humbly suggest you don't want those folks as clients.

KMKelly1957
Initiate
Initiate

I have 2 security lights and a bridge, after reading the Wall Street Journal’s report on Arlo products that just stop working after a while, in my case 24 months, I’m out of the warranty period. I will never buy Arlo products anymore. 

rick3504
Initiate
Initiate

I too are leaving Arlo for good.  Was happy with their products, but now there’re soon to be paper weights.

rick3504
Initiate
Initiate

Ditto, moving to a different platform. Good bye Arlo!

EskimoJoe
Initiate
Initiate

Warning!  Do not buy!  Arlo will no longer support your cameras after 4 or 5 years.  They call it “End of Life”.  I paid hundreds for these cameras and now Arlo will just phase them out to get you to buy new ones and/or force their streaming subscription service on you.  They are another company jumping on the “subscription bandwagon”.  I never agreed to this when I purchased these from Costco.  Listen up ARLO, I have half RING at my house and half ARLO devices.  Once my ARLO cameras stop working they WILL be replaced with RING because they support their products.  I’m furious that I’ll be forced to spend even more money on new RING cameras when I have already spent hundreds on ARLO cameras (which are not that old)!  Terrible customer service Arlo!

TheExecutioner
Initiate
Initiate

I have the same ARLO VMC4030 camera you are showing in your Message. Three of the 4 of mine have stopped working in the last week, two at the same time. I cannot get them to SYNC. Are you saying they are now obsolete and ARLO will not help with them? If this is true then it means the cameras ether do not last one year or ARLO programs them to quit on a preprogrammed date. My system was purchased in 2017 but was not installed until March of 2022 when my home was finished. I actually purchased two systems and the other one is still in the unopened box.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@TheExecutioner wrote:

I have the same ARLO VMC4030 camera you are showing in your Message. Three of the 4 of mine have stopped working in the last week, two at the same time. I cannot get them to SYNC. Are you saying they are now obsolete and ARLO will not help with them?

Best to read the policy info for yourself:

Your cameras are long out of warranty (given the purchase date is 2017).  They aren't EoL yet, but generally you need a subscription (either trial or paid) to reach live support.

Your best option might be to open the second box, and start using those cameras.  You could also provide more details here on exactly what sync methods you've tried.  Start a new thread to continue the discussion (though the mods might also move your post).

Kremmen
Guide
Guide

At the moment my 3 ArloQ cameras are still working. Whilst that continues I will leave them alone.

What does concern me though is the increasing numbers of posts that are saying that their cameras are going offline and can't reconnect. I won't post my suspicions as they may be incorrect.

If mine fail and I can't reconnect I will not replace with Arlo as I'm still not fully happy with the EoL T&C, especially the 'it will be reviewed monthly' statement.

One interesting post did say that by removing all Q's and reconnecting them via another new account worked whereas trying to reconnect on the old account kept failing.

I would consider getting a couple of new Essential cameras if the current Geofencing was reliable but I'm finding it to be hopeless. It seemed to work fairly reliably up to around May 22 then after an App update, and subsequent ones it's failing more often than it's working and I need to open the Arlo App and Google Maps to get it to recognise I'm standing outside my front door before it will switch to disarmed, zone set to medium.

And whilst I'm having to faff around outside, Smartthings Geofencing has been working 100%, controlling other devices perfectly OK for almost 2 years now.

Duffronnie
Aspirant
Aspirant

I agree. Arlo pro 2 is probably the most reliable, with good video arlo has to offer.

Kluttzjimmy
Aspirant
Aspirant

I really am upset that Arlo has taken older cameras -which I paid near 500 dollars for, and decide they don't get support anymore.  Additionally, when one broke, I had to buy more ONLY to find out they are not supported with online support like they used to be.  Bait and switch.  What a waist of money.  Corporate greed-wanting us to buy a subscription for 13 bucks a month!!!!!!!!!  I will gladly share with this with anyone who asks me about Arlo.  I used to promote them-not any longer.  So unfortunate they would treat people this way

BrendaPea
Tutor
Tutor

I've only seen the class action suit in the US.  Is there one in Canada too?  If so, I'm in!

Bought several cameras over the last couple of years and have added on, only to find out that they're all but useless without the cloud storage.  I have so many cameras now, it would cost me $1000 per month for monitoring.

Arlo needs to be sued for refunds so we have the option of going with another company.

KenMabie
Tutor
Tutor

"impressive use of Latin" 

Or....

you're just a moron that doesn't know actual legal terms and what they mean. 

But then again...

Credat Judaeus Apella, non ego

KenMabie
Tutor
Tutor

I don't know Canada's legal system. Only America's more specifically Pennsylvania. 

But I do watch Viva Frei who's a Canadian lawyer and he says our legal systems are pretty close so yes I'm sure Canada has some kind of class action suit... But you do know that you don't have to go class action you can always file a civil complaint (lawsuit) yourself even if you don't have a lawyer. It's called Pro Se. 

But yes I would recommend everyone affected by Arlo's unethical business practices file suit. 

And I agree with the other guy ...

100% refunds for out property that Arlo causes to quit functioning... 

As I mentioned above we can get a trusted diagnostics from Louis Rossman of Rossman Repair Group. Check his YouTube channel he's very much on our side of this anti consumer crusade companies are waging currently. 

DeXoN
Aspirant
Aspirant

Wow. I will definitely never buy Arlo again and also warn people about it. This is just a hunch, but can anyone say class action?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@BrendaPea wrote:

I have so many cameras now, it would cost me $1000 per month for monitoring.

Canadian cost for unlimited cameras  with Arlo Secure is 17.49 monthly, or 161.88 annually.  

Plus Arlo changed the original terms a while ago now, and are saying that the free 7-day cloud storage for legacy cameras will be continued indefinitely.

gmcjetpilot
Star
Star

Mother #$%^&*!   My 5 Arlo Pros are no longer recording. They stopped about March 23 o4 24. July 1 was the date. It does not matter. I am mad. And the previous post about some change in policy? WHERE. I still don't get emails from Arlo despite siging up for notifications.

So I thought it was middle of April. My Cameras are no longer recording to the cloud.... for over a week now. ZERO recordings for last week and now I show ZERO recordings April 1. THANKS ARLO. Ahead of schedule. There is NO WAY to contact them. 

Monday I will start writing State DA and looking at legal aspect..... other wise I will make it my hobby to educate people on social media.... I am not kidding. At every opportunity. I am peeved off... 

BrendaPea
Tutor
Tutor

Even if they are spread out over multiple addresses?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@BrendaPea wrote:

Even if they are spread out over multiple addresses?

The new "feed" experience does require one subscription per configured location, so likely anyone with multiple addresses would need multiple subscriptions when their account is upgraded to Feed.  But not $1000/month for Arlo Secure unless they have more than about ~60 addresses.