Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

End Of Life Policy

simonjf
Follower
Follower

I have just received an email about the End Of Life policy. If this is actually what is going to happen then I need to follow up with all my friends and family, social media connections to advocate against Arlo, and search for an alternative company and service, likely starting my own online storage service for them with appropriate security cameras.

Additionally, contacts at Arlo seem to be designed to prevent actual communication - which has the stink of a company that hates its customers.

Best answers
  • JamesC
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

New, updated information is now available regarding the EoL policy that is very relevant to much of the discussion taking place here in this community thread. These changes will allow Arlo legacy users who currently have 7-day storage service to continue receiving that service, uninterrupted.

I encourage you all to visit https://downloads.arlo.com/images/PDFs/EOL_Policy/arlo-end-of-life-policy-021023.pdf and read up on these changes.

Thank you,

JamesC

• JamesC
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

Hello Arlo Community,

With the recently announced Arlo end-of-life policy, we understand many of you are seeking more clarity and a path forward after your device becomes end-of-life. In the coming days we will be reaching out to impacted users via email with special offers. Keep an eye out for those emails as they will contain more details about these offers and instructions on how to take advantage of them.

For those who may not have read this new policy or have questions about how this may impact you, I encourage you to take a look here: https://downloads.arlo.com/images/PDFs/EOL_Policy/arlo-end-of-life-policy-021023.pdf?cid=a&cid=a

If you've not received a discount offer via email, visit https://www.arlo.com/en-us/eol-offer-form.html and enter your email address, if your account is eligible you will then receive the discount offer via email.

Thank you,

JamesC

1,510 REPLIES 1,510
wallstwizz
Aspirant
Aspirant

AMEN, and yes I'll be moving to new hardware from a different company.  See 'ya ARLO ASS HATS

wallstwizz
Aspirant
Aspirant

thanks for tips

Rfadney
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have already started buying Ring and they work much better, faster response, no spinning when loading recordings etc.

Rfadney
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have already started buying Ring and they work much better, faster response, no spinning when loading recordings etc.

edawson23
Guide
Guide

Replaced all of my Arlo cameras with Reolink, I'm very happy so far

cywinter2fun
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks for the FAQ link. That should have been a document that was sent to existing customers instead of the blanket EOL statement.  It clarifies many of my questions and even the chat bot doesn't send it to you. 

Reload
Tutor
Tutor

Both my VMC4030P cameras simultaneously reported “Unable to charge battery” in May 2023. “Support” Information from Arlo is distracting and irrelevant to the issue. “Be sure charger is plugged in” etc. ad infinitum. Once the batteries run down these expensive devices become useless. Does anyone suspect this is another method by Arlo to vandalize the millions of cameras they sold?

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

@Reload 

Had you allowed the pro2 batteries to run completely flat? The camera will not allow you charge a dead battery for safety.

https://kb.arlo.com/000052305/My-Arlo-Pro-or-Arlo-Pro-2-battery-is-dead-what-do-I-do 

Reload
Tutor
Tutor

Because for Arlo to remotely destroy the products they sold goes well beyond merely not offering software updates. This seems to be a more severe level of fraud. 

Reload
Tutor
Tutor

Danny who do you represent and why are you spending your time defending Arlo? Are you an AI bot or some tool of an intern for Arlo? Your worthless suggestion is exactly in line with the kind of BS and deception Arlo has already spewed. 

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

@Reload 

I understand your frustration that I was unable to assist, suggest you ignore my posts going forward.

Since you asked, no association with arlo apart from being a 5 year owner resorted to trolling this arlo forum to assist other users where possible.

If you believe otherwise that’s fine by me, you have the ability to read all my posts here if you’re inclined.

asator
Aspirant
Aspirant

Last time I ever buy from Arlo.  End of life, I can understand so I drop $500 for new cameras, only to find out I need a new base station, which if there was any info that I needed it It was not clear to me.  So now I need to by a new one, fine but Im not happy having to pay for shippin 3 times.  The little plastic mag mount broke, so I bought another, but the useless chatbot doesnt recognize the order number Arlo sent me, so that was a dead end. Also, the suppor ended in a 404 error, I proceeded to leave a scathing feedback, but of course that was met with a giant red error message, maybe it didnt like my bad review.  unbelievable. If I ever leave reviews, they are almost always very good.  this review gets a ZERO, and I will let anyone thinking about a security system to steer clear if they want any support.  Products seem decent, support and inability to get in touch with anyone is horrible. Actually impossible, so you are on your own!

Pvanhat
Tutor
Tutor

I am returning the cameras, there are better companies and options out there,

WhippetMom
Aspirant
Aspirant

Where are you returning them ?

QuadcityX123
Initiate
Initiate

I have 15 cameras in two locations they’re already starting to act up in one location they’re not being supported anywhere that’s nonsense. You pay big money for these cameras and they just stop supporting them and you gotta go spend all I have 15 cameras in two locations there already starting to act up in one location they’re not being supported anywhere that’s nonsense to pay big money for these cameras and they just stop supporting them and you got to go spend all this money again I have to go spend $3000 over again This is nuts. Does anybody have a solution I’m actually going to go with an American company next time because this company when you do get a hold of them they can’t even understand you and you can’t even understand them completely ridiculous 

MatthewP
Aspirant
Aspirant

I went with Ubiquiti, they have been awsome on support, their stuff is selling out so fast they have a hard time keeping the store stocked. Two sites converted....one to go. 

asator
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks all for the support, I was rather frustrated when I wrote the initial complaint, good to know im not crazy and thanks for the tip on Ubiquiti. 

Chinchy
Aspirant
Aspirant

I feel it's sad after spending hundreds of dollars on my camera having them for several years, without having a problem, how they can discontinue service. Before if I had a problem I could call. Funny thing is after having the product for over 7 years, I never had to call but once, and that's when I first bought it, and the service was awesome. Now they want you to pay to speak with someone. I've never used the video saving storage, even when it was a FREE trial. I've referred several families to these camera.  Multiple friends and family. Now I feel as if I've been cheated and the people I've referred too. There should be some kind of buy back program. And now they say in the following year(s) there will be more discontinued camara. This to me is a sad moment for Arlo and it's products, if you discontinue products in order to make people buy new ones. Starting to feel the same way the phone companys treat people.

VirtuallyMark
Star
Star

So fine, Arlo SAID that is had reversed it's END OF LIFE policy so that for cameras that it was contractually committed to provide 7 days of online back up for it would comply with it's legal obligations.  It seems that they have failed to live up to that commitment. Today, I checked my Arlo account this afternoon and found that backups seem to have stopped yesterday morning. Nothing after 7:30 am yesterday even though there were events that would have triggered the cameras! You seem to be in more danger of being robbed by this company than the criminals that you acquired Arlo cameras to protect against. Anyone that has any fragment of trust in this company is out of their mind. Now only suckers buy Arlo cameras or services.

TerryFeeney
Tutor
Tutor

I was wondering what happened, now I know!  WHAT A CROCK!

WhippetMom
Aspirant
Aspirant

Class action anyone???????????

TTBRB
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am with you.  I think it is false advertisement to buy something such as these cameras that had free storage for 7 days and then they take it away from you and try to blame it on supporting the cameras (technology). What a load of garbage. I am all in on a class action.  Sign me up!

TTBRB
Aspirant
Aspirant

You have to pay that price for each camera. I found out the hard way when I purchased two new cameras thinking they would be the same and use free cloud storage. I thought the end of life was due to technology issues. Going to purchase cameras from Simply safe now. At least I know what I am paying for... and I have had that service for years. The only reason I purchased the arlo cameras back then was simply safe didn't have outdoor cameras. They do now.  I don't mind paying a company when they are UP FRONT about costs. When they have to trick you into it or take away what was promised... not going to deal with them anymore. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@TTBRB wrote:

You have to pay that price for each camera. I found out the hard way when I purchased two new cameras thinking they would be the same and use free cloud storage.

1. They changed this about 5 years ago.  
  2. There is a multi-camera subscription, which does put a cap on the total amount.
SLChris
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yeh me too,  cut off cloud storage.  Don't seem to care. 

There just expensive Usless toys!   Cost me $700 several years ago thought they were good by the recommendations, WONG! 

Now I get to Toss $700 to electronics recycle when I truly Need Money right now.  

AAGGGGRRRRHHHHHH NOT HAPPY! ! !