Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Abr010123
Aspirant
Aspirant

The system is not automatically removes the media that are older than 7 days in the recycle bin.

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Mine, too. I don't really care but the paranoid amongst us might...

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Abr010123 wrote:
The system is not automatically removes the media that are older than 7 days in the recycle bin.

It does remove them sooner or later.... The spec'd removal is 7 days, but I've seen it go longer almost double at times.  Slow house-cleaning.

But its a bonus for anyone that deletes something and wants it back ( or if on a vacation for more than 7 days on the free service cause you'll get more than 14 days to retrieve vids )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy

Same here.. I can still see the deleted videos from my recycle bin up to May 13.. I wonder if we often reset our base station it would also reset the timings of house cleaning like Tom says.. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

For whatever reason, mikne goes back to April 25th. Not all videos are in there except for the past 7 days but...

Abr010123
Aspirant
Aspirant
I believe it is better to find out a solution to empty recycle bin as soon as possible even 7 days due to many reasons they are important to me but may be not important to you.
Again I would like to thank you for the bonus of older than 7 days which sometime positive.
rawdjur
Aspirant
Aspirant

there is a way, you have to deactivate your acct through base station settings, subscription then delete all files from cloud storage. then start a new acct under another email