Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Motion Detected, but no recording?

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
armoredsaint
Apprentice
Apprentice

I get a motion detected alert on my phone, but there's no recording?

Even when I get home and use my browser, nothing is there?  Smiley Indifferent

5 REPLIES 5
JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy
Been having that issue too.. Dont know if Netgear heard the first time or just waiting til more People coming in then they'll take action.. Sad..
armoredsaint
Apprentice
Apprentice

JPC wrote:
Been having that issue too.. Dont know if Netgear heard the first time or just waiting til more People coming in then they'll take action.. Sad..

so i am not crazy Smiley Very Happy

so another major issue, looks like i maybe taking this back to best buy next week.

TheRealDeal
Guide
Guide

I've also been having this issue although less frequent then the last time this was occuring. The last time it was due to one of the Arlo servers having an issue and not accepting the recordings.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

JPC, armoredsaint, TheRealDeal,

If at all possible could you let me know what phone OS and version you are using that is experiencing this issue?  I myself have a Samsung Galaxy S4 that recently updated to android 5.0.1 and I have not been able to replicate the issue on this device.

Thanks,

JamesC

JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy

Am using iOS App version 1.8.3 on my iPhone.. The Hit & Miss happens randomly for me... The App itself I think is buggy too which a lot of times I get "Time Outs" and some other errors such as "Your Settings wasn't Saved" or it would freeze.. so I would logout and log back in and it goes normal again when I don't do any changes to my settings... not sure if the App or the Server issue.. I know it's not my ISP coz' I made sure of it.. Believe me I been seeing quite a bit of Glitches since after the Firmware Update that started on May and it's not getting any better at all for me.. Also, since this latest Update, my Motion detection was deteriorated big time..Now I can relate to some of the people here experiencing it.. Most of the time I have to restart Base to make sure everything works as it should..and yes it fixes it for a couple or hours until I played with the settings then all haywire again.. I've seen instances where my previous settings were still remembered even though it was changed.. A glitch sometimes where when I login on the App my camera's view were switch such as my Front Door camera was seeing the Garage Entry view until I stream it then it goes back normally.. I've experienced the Camera Offline too and good thing my camera wasn't defective..it was just a server issue.. I just hope Netgear will find a stable fix on this for good..