Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Rjjenks909
Guide
Guide

The fix for the accumulated library counts is fixed in the new release, 2.9, but it is sending doubled up push notifications, now!

112 REPLIES 112
RyanFamily
Aspirant
Aspirant

Pretty disappointed with so many aspects of Arlo since the App upgrade.  

• Double notifications for every movement.
  • Many notifications with no recordings.
  • Recordings taking up to 10 minutes to show on the app. 
  • 5 minute delay between real time and what it showing on my 'live' display.  
  • Because of the 5 minute delay, means the speaker/siren functionality is useless. 
  • Live Chat on this website has not worked once - I am in a different time zone, so have tried at various times of the day and night.  It just times out while trying to 'connect to an agent'. 
  • Trying to comment on a forum post and this website forced me into a feedback page, despite me ticking the box to say I would answer the feedback 'when I was done'. 
  • Typed a long feedback review, then pressed submit and told I could only have 500 characters.  Seriously!  If you are going to limit the characters, have that spelt out up front.  Not AFTER the person has spent 10 minutes typing. 

Reading the forums it looks like we are not the only ones experiencing multiple issues - I am pretty disappointed that Arlo released the new app without proper testing.  Is there any progress being made on improving these issues?  

biddle_diddle
Tutor
Tutor

I have also noticed a slight deterioration in the picture quality. The cynic in me wonders whether its to encourage us to upgrade to Pro 3. If Apple did it with their batterygate, why not Arlo? AND I’m also getting double notifications!!!

mack61
Tutor
Tutor

Hello, about ten days my arlo push notifications on my iphone xr and my ipad are always double in comparison to the real video recordings. If I receive four push notifications the videos are two. 

Anyone of you has the same problem?

AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

@mack61 wrote:

Hello, about ten days my arlo push notifications on my iphone xr and my ipad are always double in comparison to the real video recordings. If I receive four push notifications the videos are two. 

Anyone of you has the same problem?

I just looked at my push notifications from last night.  I see a single notification from one of my cameras at one of my monitored locations at various times throughout the night.  However, I see duplicate notifications from my son’s front door camera on both occasions that camera reported motion.   His camera is a shared device, so I can’t see his firmware versions.  My base associated with my single notifications is a VMB4000r3 running firmware version 1.14.1.1_2913_78b189a.  (Could these version numbers be a bit more cumbersome?) and I’m running version V2.9.1 of the iOS app as of this moment.

Yodanny
Aspirant
Aspirant
We still want to notified but not twice by every camera each time I’ve got 60 notifications when I should only have 30.
SP24
Aspirant
Aspirant
Here
SP24
Aspirant
Aspirant
I can’t attach a photo because I get a reply that the file is too big. Im not sure why the screen shot helps. It double notifies and we all have ditched the legacy app so it’s coming from the new app
biddle_diddle
Tutor
Tutor

I decided to take the plunge today and delete and reinstall the app.  This appears to have fixed the double notifications issue (for me anyways). Worked on both my iPhone XS Max and iPad Pro (both running the latest iOS). 

DonBow
Aspirant
Aspirant

No Notifications since installing new app. Is there a fix yet?

DonBow
Aspirant
Aspirant

No Notifications since installing new app on iPhone 6 . Is there a fix yet?

TeflonTom
Aspirant
Aspirant
VMB4000 Arlo Pro Base Station (since this model isn’t an option in the drop down menu)

Mine was doing the double notifications also iPhone 8 Plus iOS 13.

I deleted and reinstalled the app and the double notifications went away. No clue as to why this is happening.
Embeeous
Star
Star

Pro x3 plus Base Station

Various Apple devices running iOS 13.1.1.

I removed then reinstalled Arlo on an iPhone XR and an iPad Air 2 this evening.

The double notifications are gone, I am back to a single notification on a single event.

Thanks for all of the great support Arlo! 🙂 Thank goodness for these community boards, and for everyone who did the actual work and posted this solution.  Thank you. 

HitnBidz
Aspirant
Aspirant
Re-installing the app worked for me too
STEVHOF65
Aspirant
Aspirant
Deleting and reinstalling the app fixed my double notification issue.
CaptainM
Guide
Guide
I too have noticed deteriorating picture quality and slowness that started with the new app install. I agree, feels just like the Apple battery drain issue that they purposely caused so customers would upgrade. Seems Arlo May be soon the same; despite their obviously poor development process. If I am forced to upgrade, I can assure you I will not do so with Arlo. Might be time to move on to a more experienced and better quality company.
chrisrdrq
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am also getting double the notifications. I have to same base station. Did you ever get Homekit to work? If so, how? I have done everything under the sun with still no luck.

GeedsGarage
Aspirant
Aspirant
So I got my new iPhone 11 and after getting it setup I’m not longer getting the double notifications.
nefertiti007
Star
Star

my double notifications have gone since i updated to iOS 13.1.1 and also deleted and reinstalled the Arlo app. Though HomeKit still does not work

DonBow
Aspirant
Aspirant

I down loaded new software update for IPhone 12.4.2. I deleted Arlo that was on my phone and reloaded new down load. Everything works great.  Now back to normal operations. 

DscoochR
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes...constantly! Aggravating!
DonBow
Aspirant
Aspirant

I found the fix.  I down loaded new IPhone update IOS 12.4.2,  deleted the Arlo upgrade I had on the phone and reloaded it again with new Arlo Technologies Latest App. Everything back to normal.

Jo-A
Aspirant
Aspirant
If you do this Jessica it only increases the number of notifications - so it goes from 2 to 3
pooh2372
Aspirant
Aspirant
It works!! I deleted new app and installed again and I’m back to single notifications!!
TommyAl
Aspirant
Aspirant

Every time my cameras are triggered I get 2 notifications each time. I have downloaded the new app and deleted the old one but im still getting 2 notifications for each trigger. anyone else have this issue? is there a solution?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

It's been reported by quite a few people.

There's nothing you can do to fix it - so just wait for Arlo to update the app.