Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Rjjenks909
Guide
Guide

The fix for the accumulated library counts is fixed in the new release, 2.9, but it is sending doubled up push notifications, now!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

A fix was released resolving the issue where some users were experiencing double notifications on the Arlo iOS app. You should not be receiving double notifications moving forward.

View solution in original post

112 REPLIES 112
ZooWall
Guide
Guide

Yea double notifications here too. Come on guys

Harry1234
Initiate
Initiate

Same here - now I’m getting double notifications.

spoons10696
Guide
Guide

I just updated to ios13 on iphone and since doing so I am now getting 2 notifications for just one alert!.  Anyone else have this issue since upgrading or is there a solution?

Gnobbe
Guide
Guide

Me too - double notifications ... 1 problem fixed, one problem created - this is very disappointing!

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

For those who are receiving double push notifications, make sure you are not using both the new Arlo app and the legacy app. You will need to uninstall the Arlo Legacy app if you still have it available on your phone device.

ZooWall
Guide
Guide
Just the one app installed JessicaP
Gnobbe
Guide
Guide

I am receiving double notifications and have deleted the old "legacy" app .... That is not the problem. 

spoons10696
Guide
Guide

Only have the new app installed also Jessica so definitely not getting notifications from both apps.....I uninstalled the Legacy app last week after I updated to the new app and everything was fine up until the ios13 update.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Thanks for confirming everyone. Have you tried reinstalling the new Arlo app and rebooting your iPhone to see if that helps?

ZooWall
Guide
Guide
Yes I have.
spoons10696
Guide
Guide

Yup....did that and still getting two notifications for one alert!

sn0wballz
Star
Star

Is anyone else currently receiving two notifications when there should only be one? using IOS 12, one app installed.

Esthetician44
Star
Star
Since today I keep getting to alerts for the same thing . Is anyone else having this problem?
Esthetician44
Star
Star
I meant two alerts for the same motion. Is anyone else having this problem?
CaptainM
Guide
Guide
Arlo- Please make sure your development team is also looking at the double notifications that are now occurring with each motion detection with the new “updated” app.
AmericanZulu
Tutor
Tutor
Yep. Double notifications. Legacy app is already deleted.
StephenPAdams
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same issue. iOS 12, XS Max. Started receiving double notifications yesterday or today. Can’t recall which.
HitnBidz
Aspirant
Aspirant
Me too. Just added a new camera today... firmware updated... now getting double notifications.
ryanking
Guide
Guide
Same here
Lawndawg
Initiate
Initiate
Yep same here. No legacy installed. Started two days ago
wbtje
Guide
Guide

me2 also having the problem that the notification doesn't make the iphone xr vibarate anymore anyone?

got the new app already reinstalled 

SeanMurphy
Initiate
Initiate
The QC on the last app is v poor.
1) getting double notifications
2) the controls on full screen interfere w the iPhone X home element
3) the camera button does not provide feed back to the user that a picture was taken.

This the easy stuff. Who is the product owner on this app? They need to get with it
Wheelspinz
Star
Star
I am getting this also. Two notifications per motion with only the new app installed.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Thanks for confirming which phone devices you're using to know which are receiving double push notifications. Our development team is currently looking into this. Could you also provide screenshots that shows the double push notifications on your device?