Doorbell recommendations

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
vjking
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'd like two wired-in doorbell cameras and 1/2 wired-in outdoor cameras--any recommendations please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@vjking wrote:

I'd like two wired-in doorbell cameras and 1/2 wired-in outdoor cameras--any recommendations please?

I am assuming you are talking only about power when you say "wired-in".  If you are talking about network, then you'll need to go with another company.  Arlo has no PoE cameras.

You can hard-wire all the outdoor cameras and doorbells.  The oldest doorbell model (AVD1001) can only be hard-wired, the other doorbells have a battery that is trickle-charged from the low voltage AC going to the doorbell.

If you want more targeted advice, please provide some info on what other features you are looking for.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@vjking wrote:

I am assuming you are talking only about power when you say "wired-in".  If you are talking about network, then you'll need to go with another company.  Arlo has no PoE cameras.

You can hard-wire all the outdoor cameras and doorbells.  The oldest doorbell model (AVD1001) can only be hard-wired, the other doorbells have a battery that is trickle-charged from the low voltage AC going to the doorbell.

If you want more targeted advice, please provide some info on what other features you are looking for.

vjking
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you!