Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Delay between detection/notification and upload of video to camera

Discussion stats
Nabbie
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hi team,

Creating new thread as the other thread (https://community.netgear.com/t5/Features/Email-Alerts-Video-Recordings-Not-Getting-or-Getting-Very-...) has status of solved and it seems I am unable to reply to that.

So a week ago, I started noticing that there is a delay of couple of hours between motion / notification and upload of video to the cloud. For example, I get up in the morning and I see new videos from the day before from 6pm. That's a big delay. I understand that there were some cloud issues, but I would like to report it's not solved.

I did do whatever I could do on my end (unplug, reboot, resync, check time setting), but no change.

thank you for guidance and update

54 REPLIES 54
dJos1991
Aspirant
Aspirant

For me it's working a few days already. All the recordings shows up immediately in the library. I didn't hear anything from the support for the ticket that I opened about what the problem was.

I'm happy that it is finally been fixed!Smiley Happy

ajais
Guide
Guide

Same here.  For a few days now detections have been notifiying and in the library within a few minutes - a huge improvement.  Keeping a watch on it.  They obviously fixed something because I changed nothing.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A cloud update has been deployed that should resolve this issue. Please let me know if you continue experiencing delayed content.

JamesC

mcmu12
Luminary
Luminary

Thank you.

Nabbie
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hello everyone, sorry for delay. I received a message on June 29 (via ticket support) that "Similar cases were reported to us and our Engineers were able to fix the problem.". Happy to report that the problem appears to be fixed indeed on my system. Thank you to everyone who opened a ticket to bring this issue to the attention of Netgear support.