Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Hirsch
Guide
Guide
My app says we are sorry the database service is currently down. Please try again. Is this an issue on my end or an issue with arlo?
280 REPLIES 280
Texas-Scot
Aspirant
Aspirant

Finally up here too.  Hope this is an isolated issue and not a hack!

Mochizt
Initiate
Initiate

Like everyone else here, getting alerts but could not access cameras.
I was a former VueZone user, and when thar service was stopped, and all users offered to migrate to Arlo for a very low cost, I did it, and for at least the last 2 years its been solid.

However today's incident is similar to one about 3+ years ago. Could not login, could not retrieve images from the VueZone Server.  At the end, everyone was sent an email stating that NetGear was upgrading the backend servers for better reliability but someone messed up the database server and took the system down for 3 days. (They had to rebuild the server from backups)

At least today was only several hours.....

But it does make one nervous that we rely on these cameras.   Even a few hours of outage with very little to no correspondence is concerning.  For me what is even more concerning is this happened 3+ years ago with the older VueZone System.  Someone did not learn from their past mistakes.  Again at least it was not 3 days like last time, but come on.  At the very least someone should have learned a lesson about communications.

There was a precursor to this about a week ago. I lost connectivity to 4 of my 5 cameras.  I was told to reset the affected cameras by opening and closing the battery door, and then resyncing them.  Opening and closing the battery door on a few of the cameras not an easy task due to location and/or mounting.  Resycning them brought them back on line, and at that time I asked was a backend or SW push upgrade responsible for this, and the tech could not answer.

A little more transperancy please NetGear/Arlo teams.

An email blast or posting about pending upgrades would be nice.  Definitely one when an outage like today is occuring.
We have all come to rely on these cameras, so keeping us informed would be a great step forward to recovering from today's outage

Just my 2 cents

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Dear Arlo Customers,

Thank you for your patience. Arlo services are now fully restored. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. The disruption in service which affected some of our customers was due to a technical issue that arose during routine system maintenance.

For updates and more info on what happened, please visit this thread in the Arlo Community.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Stories/Arlo-Service-Down-Temporarily-Unable-to-Login/m-p/1521...

JamesC

MikeBravo
Luminary
Luminary

@Lentilwrote:

Netgear/Arlo techies & managers are textbook arrogant incompetents.

Finally, I'm back up.

This is a perfect example of why we need a local mode.

Czmkid
Guide
Guide

Not Fixed.  Takes 5 or more min to get past the getting status screen.  Then when you hit the live view button the wheel spins and you get no live feed.  What kind of fix is this?  SOmeone needs to loose their job over this one.

AngeloM
Arlo Employee Retired

Dear Arlo Customers,

Thank you for your patience. Arlo services are now fully restored. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. The disruption in service which affected some of our customers was due to a technical issue that arose during routine system maintenance.

For more information and further updates, please check this discussion thread: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Stories/Arlo-Service-Down-Temporarily-Unable-to-Login/m-p/1521...

Thank you,

- The Arlo Team

tines66
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hei now arlo is up . Venice italy is online 😀 good evening
Czmkid
Guide
Guide

Please fix the log in issue. Still getting hung up on the getting info screen. Your fix is not a fix at all.

smb7
Aspirant
Aspirant
Called Netgear/Arlo support. Asked them if their server was down. Never got a straight answer. Troubleshooting issue on my own did not work. Finally fixed. Keep your customers better informed not to mention your lousy technical support.
mrlucky777
Tutor
Tutor

the service is down for the third time in a week. what's the problem?

Hirsch
Guide
Guide
Doesn’t seem to be an issue for us (at least not yet) in Minnesota
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@mrlucky777 wrote:

the service is down for the third time in a week. what's the problem?

What's the error message? It's working fine for me although I had to clear Arlo cookies in Chrome:

chrome://settings/cookies/detail?site=arlo.netgear.com

Djmcp
Star
Star
Same here. Not a Chrome thing. I’m able to login just fine. Showing offline in safari, chrome, and the arlo app. Using arlo api via homeassistant also shows down/unknown.
warprints
Star
Star

MrLucky777 are you back up?   I haven't noticed any issues here in Louisiana.

brh
Master
Master

@Djmcp

Power off your base station for one minute and then power it back up and let it reset. Worked for me.

Brian

strictlybznz007
Aspirant
Aspirant
Minnesota here.... mine are working, must of been down earlier that not I'm awared of!
kenny_boon
Tutor
Tutor
Is it down again?
MJ23
Aspirant
Aspirant
So i had the arlo pro for 1 month now, all was good untill today morning i saw that my cams arent showing anything and displayed a message that make sure your base station is connected etc.. i went and saw the base station totally off, thaught its a loose wire or something but no; it just isnt working no light nothing. Tried several ports and nothing as well. Help pl
brh
Master
Master

@MJ23

Have you pressed the power button on the back of the base station yet?

Brian

MJ23
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hey Brian, yes i have multiple times, took the plug out completely and tried different sockets , nothing is working. I am aftaid it just died. Could it be ? Or maybe i need an adaptor? But why would i if if worked 1 month perfectly its weird
brh
Master
Master

@MJ23

No telling what all the problems are with these massive failures. As a last resort, try doing a factory reset.

https://kb.arlo.com/1057976/How-can-I-reset-my-Arlo-base-station-to-the-default-values

Brian

MJ23
Aspirant
Aspirant
That means press reset button and reconnect all cams to base station right?
brh
Master
Master

@MJ23

Yes, but you will have to add the base station first from the Devices page. Then add the cameras one at a time.

Brian

MJ23
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks brian, will try that out ; tho i hardly doubt w reset button will all of a suddon make it work; looks dead to me. Cheers
kscott
Aspirant
Aspirant

Did you try the factory reset - ?  Did it work?  

Im having same issue with Arlo Pro 2 - it appears to be connected - LED all green and my router shows a VBM4000 device.  But when in the app - I frequently (Most of the time) receive a Bass Unit Offline message.  I think the issue is outside of my network as the problem is intermitent.