Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Hirsch
Guide
Guide
My app says we are sorry the database service is currently down. Please try again. Is this an issue on my end or an issue with arlo?
280 REPLIES 280
warprints
Star
Star

LOL.   Netgrear just congradulated me for making my first post in the community!   I even got one point.  I'tt trade you one point for actual working service!!

s10knoxvegas
Initiate
Initiate

Still down in East TN.....

JRT3
Tutor
Tutor
Now I can even seem to login, something about authentication service currently down. Looks like they’re definitely having a widespread outage.
ssbrien
Initiate
Initiate

Same issue this morning.

My Arlo App shows the following messages:

"We are sorry, the authunication service is currenlty down"

"Tthe database server is down"

"We're sorry Arlo is currently unavailable.

There appears to be an Arlo outage,

Foothills1961
Initiate
Initiate

Mine are down as well. Any report from Netgear on the issue?

tx4evr
Tutor
Tutor

I am on hold with customer service (14mins so far).  I need an answer.  Can not disarm and keep getting notifications although cameras are offline?  THIS IS NOT GOOD!!!

Chiefweasel
Aspirant
Aspirant

been down for 30 minutes - UK.  Hope no thieving scumbags are watching this.

jennypugh78
Initiate
Initiate

Mine too.  I've had these cameras for 6 months and this is the first time I've ever had a problem.  Does Netgear ever send out alerts or notifications for stuff like this?

I have SmartThings too, and I get notifications when there is going to be a firmware upgrade or something.

Mattpat
Initiate
Initiate
I am also having the same issue. Authentication issues and database services being down. Frustrating....
Rayzs
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same here in NJ, USA.

Basher63
Aspirant
Aspirant

Dood
Apprentice
Apprentice

The lack of notice is at least as frustrating as the down itself. Nothing on the website, nothing on Facebook, nothing on Twitter and it took several minutes of navigation to find this thread that isn't even official notice that the system is down.

Before this I thought the probably was on my end and spent some time resetting everything. A simple notice would have allowed me to shrug and get on with things.

GlanYMor
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same issue today..  And also I get intermittent messages in my phone app that their database is down.  I suspect the Arlo servers are not functioning correctly.  I have had the help # on hold for about 20 minutes now, they must be swamped with calls.

ARLO, what is going on with this?  Any estimates on how long it will take to be fixed?

Chiefweasel
Aspirant
Aspirant

still getting notifications coming through and emails - can't view the clips via the emails though.

CaroleAnn
Aspirant
Aspirant

Authentication Service is currently down

My motion detectors are going crazy, and  I can not turn them off.  I keep getting "Motion Detected" messages and videos.

I keep getting this same error message every time I try to turn off Motion Detection.  I am in Michigan.  I have been on "hold" with technical service for over 20 minutes.  What is going on?

PeetS
Guide
Guide

I bought arlo pro2 a couple days ago and set it up last night.. First day in and its offline and I cant view the cameras.. What is the point in owning this? Is there a service update page I'm not aware of or can someone from Arlo please update us on what is going on? Could they possible email a bulletin update?

mayo1024
Initiate
Initiate

I'm having the same issue. Does anyone know where we can get status updates on Arlo's service or do we just have to call customer support?

**UPDATE** 
I'm able to login now, but I have no live feeds. Says my camera's are offline or not connected to the internet.

srwhita
Initiate
Initiate

Why is there not someone we can contact with Netgear when we have trouble with this security system? My camera's are down and I paid a lot of money for this system and I expect it to work ALL THE TIME. I don't even use their cloud (since I can't seem to find out how to get to it or connect to it). I have tried looking up phone numbers to call them and NONE. Guess I need to just ditch this system and go buy another one. I will never tell anyone to go and buy this system. POOR SERVICE NETGEAR, POOR SERVICE. 

Flat6
Initiate
Initiate

My ADT alarm went off this morning.  The police are there I cant even access my cameras, unbelievable.

s10knoxvegas
Initiate
Initiate

I havent had these cameras for about a year, and have noticed this seems to be a problem. Sounds like Netgear needs to get their **** together!

RedHroogar
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes I'm getting database and authentication service down messages since about an hour ago here in the UK!

skillz0876
Initiate
Initiate

Having issues hear to, my hub went offline lastnight and i had to remarry all my cameras again and it seem to work fine now im thinking this was part of the problem.

Gouveia
Initiate
Initiate

kenny_boon
Tutor
Tutor

still down for me! (UK)

tx4evr
Tutor
Tutor

I searched through other posts from early this morning and found this.  May be worth a try.  You would think we would have received an email from them regarding potential issues.  Still on hold 22 mins now.

ChristineT
Community Manager

You may be logged into NETGEAR Arlo in a different browser tab.

Hello Arlo Family,

We recently released a web update and some users may experience issues with logging in. If you are experiencing the following error (below) you should try clearing your browser cache.

You may be logged into NETGEAR Arlo in a different browser tab. Please close the tab before proceeding. You can also try to restart your browser or delete cookies from your browser before trying to log in again.

NOTE: To verify this will resolve the issue you can also try opening another tab in incognito mode or try a different browser.

If you do not want to clear your entire browsing history and you use Google Chrome as your preferred browser you can also simply delete the Arlo cookie individually by pasting the following link in the URL bar: 

chrome://settings/cookies/detail?site=arlo.netgear.com

Click Remove All

DeleteArloCookie.PNG

Release notes to follow soon.

Best Regards,

Christine

____
Please click KUDOS or REPLY if you found this helpful.

Message 1 of 9