Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 8 In Conversation
MikeyLV
Star
Star

I know the procedure for updating the base firmware, so making sure I have the lastest is easy. But the camera firmware seems to be automatic when the batteries are cycled. Anyone know the current firmware version? I am running 1.2.2688

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

MikeyLV,

Welcome to the community! Current camera firmware is version 1.2.2688. You are up to date.

JamesC

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

MikeyLV,

Welcome to the community! Current camera firmware is version 1.2.2688. You are up to date.

JamesC

BrianGGG
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello. Is the firmware version above still the most current?

Thanks
BrianGGG

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Yup.  The base station recently got an update but not the cameras.

nekoda0903
Aspirant
Aspirant

Could someone please provide an update and assistance to those of us still having issues many hours later please and thanks!!

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

We are continuing to work toward a resolution and believe we are very close to restoring the system to normal operation. 

We sincerely appreciate your patience and understanding.

JamesC

Dananjudy
Aspirant
Aspirant

I tried to download the new Arlo App but could not find how to allow Automatic updates.  Safe to assume the auto updates are happening and I need to do nothing?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes. The only other option is to restart every device.

Paul_FCCL
Prodigy
Prodigy

JamesC wrote:

MikeyLV,

JamesC

Hello JamesC,

Noticed this morning software update was performed (overnight ?) and following info shown for Base unit ver. 1.7.3_5005 and for cameras ver. 1.2.4941.

Glad to see the update of course, but no information about its fixes included is available around here. Do you know anything about this most recent update?

Thank you.

Paul

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Paul_FCCL,

I have posted the release notes for the update here: Release Notes – Arlo Wire-Free Base Station v1.7.3_5005 and Arlo Wire-Free Camera v1.2.4941 – April

JamesC

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

JamesC, any idea if the cameras will update if connecting via the R7000 router running the beta 1.06.40 firmware?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

jguerdat,

I will find out and let you know...

JamesC

Paul_FCCL
Prodigy
Prodigy

JamesC wrote:

Paul_FCCL,

I have posted the release notes for the update here: Release Notes – Arlo Wire-Free Base Station v1.7.3_5005 and Arlo Wire-Free Camera v1.2.4941 – April

JamesC

Thank you for the quick response.

Paul

Gerry_D
Apprentice
Apprentice

Speaking of updates...

Don't you think you should have a PROMINENT link on here that shows the PRESENT update status and number?

(Maybe even say when the updates are pushed and what battery condition is necessary to get an update etc etc etc...)

I searched the site and I found all sorts of numbers lower than my one camera.

FYI;

my base says: FW Version 1.7.8_7427 HW Version VMB3010r2

my one camera says: 1.2.7730

the other says: Update is available 1.2.4941

TIA and I hope you take my suggestion, if you have it already, it's sure hidden well.

Gerry

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Gerry_D,

You can find release notes for the most recent firmware on the Release notes board: Firmware Release Notes

JamesC