Cloud Storage

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
mikee13
Follower
Follower

If I have my own cloud server, is it possible to have my Arlo videos stored there instead ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy

If you mean straight to your Cloud Server?.. Nope.. There's no option at this time.. Hopefully someday it will.. All images/videos are directly stored in Arlo's Cloud server.. You can download it from there and then it's up to you however you want it to store such as your cloud server.. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy

If you mean straight to your Cloud Server?.. Nope.. There's no option at this time.. Hopefully someday it will.. All images/videos are directly stored in Arlo's Cloud server.. You can download it from there and then it's up to you however you want it to store such as your cloud server.. 

Zoroz
Initiate
Initiate

where is Arlo's cloud server. My system is only showing 3 days of storage, not seven. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Zoroz wrote:

where is Arlo's cloud server. My system is only showing 3 days of storage, not seven. 

The location(s) of Arlo servers is generally unknown.  For the US, it kinda seems to be using a European server (they're actually Amazon cloud servers) but also seems to vary according to exact user location.

The number of days storage has everything to do with when videos were recorded. If you have no recordings during those 4 missing days, nothing will show.

Zoroz
Initiate
Initiate

Let me rephrase my question.  

Where is the web address to log on to Arlo's cloud site?

I'm only familiar with icloud and there's no Arlo library stored there.  So I have no clue where to find all seven days. My library is not showing 7 days when I log in. I'm assuming when I sign in I am looking at Arlo's cloud storage however, I'm only seeing 3-4 days max.  My cameras are installed at my home business where there is activity 7 days a week (therefore I should find 7 days of activity).   I'm trying to find a video capture from 5-6 days ago.  Was hoping to find these missing days on a separate, possibly more complete web site (aka, Arlo's cloud server).  If when I log in, I'm seeing all there is, then I must report videos captured are dropping off past 3-4 days.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The library is by far the easiest way to get to your videos. The actual site is https://arlo.netgear.com/hmsweb/users/library but that's not useful except programmatically. I use a Python script to automatically download all my videos daily that uses this URL. I can send the script and directions (for Windows but a little work on your part would get you going on a Mac) so you can set it up or at least see how the program works.

I'd suggest contacting support directly to resolve any issues around missing videos. You'll never be able to do so through the forums.