Base station loses camera connectivity

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Superman2000
Apprentice
Apprentice
My system was rock solid for almost 3 weeks. The last few days the base station has been losing connectivity with all 5 of my cameras. Internet and power are fine. WiFi strength shows 80% on the app. All cameras have 75% or more battery life. No wifi interference that I can discern with wifi app. It's not using the same channel as my router. Just started doing this the last few days. Nothing on my end has changed. Cameras are all in original spots. Base station on the same place the whole time. I spent $700 on this system and was fairly pleased with it till now. Still within return period if I can't get this squared away.
9 REPLIES 9
Superman2000
Apprentice
Apprentice
Also note that resetting the base station gets the cameras back online. Has happened 2 today already.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Superman2000,

What is indicating that the base station or cameras are going offline? When this is occurring are you seeing an error message or an amber internet LED or both?

Are you still experiencing this behavior?

JamesC

Superman2000
Apprentice
Apprentice
Light goes off on base station for cameras. Power and internet LEDs are green. Camera led is not lit. As I stated internet and power are a non issue. Base station is using connectivity with cameras. Tried moving and it still happened. Moved it back and it's been good for the last 2 days.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If it keeps happening, create a trouble ticket. Maybe an RMA for the base is in order.

Superman2000
Apprentice
Apprentice

still going strong.  i think the base station got a firmware update.  is there a place to check firmware history so i can confirm?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Look in the Welcome forum. Any release notes are in there and will show the history.

vint83
Guide
Guide

Oh dang. That started happening to me too. My setup was rock solid (almost) since October 2015.

And recently all the cameras just started going offline and Camera LED on base station is OFF.

Base station reboot helps, but it happens again next day.

I noticed interesting developement. my cameras go offline around 12:00 AM. That started about a week ago. And it's totally annoying and it drains my batteries like crazy. And I suspect FW 1.7.5_6178 update. But could be something else.

What can I try to fix it? How can I help to debug?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Unfortunately, there's nothing you can do other than to create a trouble ticket.  Without the ticket, there's no tracking of issues.  If more folks would create the ticket, there would be a better chance of a fix.  AT least, that's how it usually works.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

vint83,

If the camera LED on the base station is off this indicates the cameras have lost connection with the base station. This could be due to poor signal strength (range) or interference between the cameras and the base. Consider relocating your base station and limit nearby proximity of other wireless devices that could be interfering.

Please let us know if you continue experiencing this issue.

JamesC