Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
Loopie
Aspirant
Aspirant

New VMB4000 base station. When I try to add it in the app or using the web, nothing shows up after the search. The lights on the base station are as follows:

Power - solid green

Internet - solid green

Camera(s) - solid amber

I think it may be bad. The camera light shouldn't be solid amber with no cameras added, should it? Any ideas?

Lou

91 REPLIES 91
Deeshash
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks @jguerdat.

I have tried connecting the base by trying to add it to my account but have had no luck with this. I have also tried to reboot the base and add it to my account but still got the same outcome.

I have seen it pop up on my WiFi network but not through my Arlo account. 

Loopie
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have a case open with Arlo support. Needless to say, they're not responding. Very disappointing.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

The development team is aware of the behavior you are seeing and it is currently being looked into. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Deeshash wrote:

I have tried connecting the base by trying to add it to my account but have had no luck with this.

There are several reports from other users who are struggling to add old bases back to their account.  Most have VMB4000s, but I have also seen some folks with VMB3000s too.

I'm tagging the mods to call their attention to your issue:  @JamesC , @ShayneS , @BrookeN 

scarpwi
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you!  What process is used to notify us when it is resolved and/or what steps we need to take to get back online?  Thanks in advance, I appreciate the information.  - Steve

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I will update the community as soon as I have an update.

mang3_
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi!

Base station: VMB4000

The device went offline a few days ago and now when I turn on my VMB4000 it only lights up orange at the power diode. At start-up, all three lights flash green for about 1 second and then turn to constant orange on power and no light at all on the internet and cameras.

I have tried to count down by holding for 10 seconds to no avail. Nothing happens to the lights during the reset.

Do you have any suggestions for a solution?

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

If you have a USB storage device attached then remove it and repower the base.

The constant amber led for power suggests the base is unable to boot up properly.

It is also possible that the power adapter for the base is faulty so trying another compatible adapter will eliminate it. The base needs 12vdc centre positive I recall.

Some times the factory reset takes longer than 10sec and you may have to work the button a few times to get the button to make contact due to residue buildup.

You might consider getting the VMB 4540 as a replacement as arlo has issues with the vmb4000 being added again.

Thales
Tutor
Tutor

I would like to ask help, device not reachable. I have tried to factory reset by now 3-4 times, no success. Still not being found by the APP, all green lights, connected to power and internet but still not reachable.

IMG_3351.PNGimage (6).png

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Is this a new install or a reinstallation? If the latter, you must remove the base and cameras from your account before you can claim them again. What are the LEDs showing? The power and internet LEDs should be green and the Camera LED should be solid amber or off.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Resquivel support has sent you an email regarding the VMB4000. If you could please respond to that email. 

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Can you please provide if the VBM4000 were bought new or if they were bought 3rd party or given to you?

Loopie
Aspirant
Aspirant

New

scarpwi
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am encouraged to hear that something may be going on relative to this issue.  Is there anything you can share regarding what line of research is going on or what may have caused all of this to fail suddenly and for so many people?  I am trying to gauge whether or not I need to buy something new or if this may be resolved?  Thanks!

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Loopie can I ask where it was purchased?

@scarpwi it is currently being looked into. 

Loopie
Aspirant
Aspirant

Amazon

Thales
Tutor
Tutor

It's a brand new kit, I brought it from a trip (US) and I'm trying to setup here in Brazil, tried on 3 different internet connections and the result is the same, only SOLID GREEN lights for Power and Internet. Opened a support case and they asked me to open ports 80 443 and 123, what bugs me is that those ports are alwasys opened (80 and 443 - HTTP and HTTPs ports) 123 is NTP.

Anyways, I'm running out of ideas now.

Thales
Tutor
Tutor

quick question, what is the expected LED behavior? Internet LED should be SOLID green or blinking?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The Internet LED may blink when accessing the servers just as your router activity LED may blink. That's normal.

I suspect your issue is like that of others here who have reported issues connecting a VMB4000 base to their account. It may not be your problem but something that Arlo needs to fix. @JamesC , @ShayneS , @BrookeN any comments?

Thales
Tutor
Tutor

Really appreciate your help @jguerdat, I'll be waiting coments from @JamesC , @ShayneS , @BrookeN.

Any help is appreciated, thank you!

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Was it from a third party seller or an authorized seller?

Loopie
Aspirant
Aspirant

It was amazon. Whatever they are.

scarpwi
Aspirant
Aspirant

It has been just over 3 weeks since my battery powered Arlo Pro 2 cameras just vanished from my system and I cannot delete/readd or anything.  I now have one powered camera on my system which continues to work fine.  There is apparently some sort of 'issue' that the Arlo folks are aware of involving my hub.  Everyone says there is an issue and they  are "looking at it".  I am trying to decide if I need to look for a different manufacturer or system in case they come back with " you have to buy a newer hub".  I also suspect they made a software change but can't figure out how they broke it or how to fix it.  What other systems are on the market that are similar in features as this Arlo system?  Thanks.

scarpwi
Aspirant
Aspirant

Is there any update at all on this apparently well known and widespread problem that recently became apparent to Arlo folks?  Just trying to decide what to do next and thank you in advance for any new information.  Do you have any sense what line of research support is taking? - Steve

scarpwi
Aspirant
Aspirant

Have you heard any more about this?  My Arlo Pro 2 Netgear cameras and my VBM4000 hub only work if the cameras are plugged in.  All green lights on the hub.  I cannot add the same camera when they are on battery and I have tried resetting hub and cameras.  Support says they are "looking into it" and that there is some sort of known issue but I have no details.  At this point wondering if I have to start over with new equipment or different brand.  Would love to know if someone is actually working on this in any way and what line of research they are taking.  Thanks in advance.