Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
wga57
Guide
Guide

Starting today (August 4, 2017) I am unable to access the mode on my Arlo system.  I have tried this on an iPad and my iPhone and neither of these will connect.  I can the cameras and activate them through the software, but motion sensing is not working and I can not change the modes.  The web access hangs (screen will not refresh) when trying to change modes so I am not sure if that works or not.  I have tried restarting my Arlo system, but that doesn't help.  I have used this system for over 2 years and this is the first time that I have seen this issue.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
wga57
Guide
Guide

Arlo replied to my case with the following response.

"As we have checked, Your base station is online and your 4 cameras are offline. We can try to bring them cameras nearby the base station and turn off the base station for 2mins, then turn it back one. From there it should be cameras should go back online."

Strangely enough this actually worked.  Once I got the cameras connected I could see that one of my four cameras had low batteries.  I am wondering if low batteries in that one camera may have caused the problem in the first place or if the problem caused the batteries to drain.  I did not get a low battery warning before any of this happened.  Anyway it works now, case closed.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
steve_t
Master Master
Master

I see a few people on iOS are having issues. Try uninstalling the app from your phone. Restart phone. Download again from the App Store and login

wga57
Guide
Guide

I just tried removing the app, restarted my phone and then reinstalled and now nothing works.  I was able to see my cameras before doing this and now the 'devices' tab never leaves "Getting status...".  The 'mode' tab still says "Getting information".  I looked at the comments in the App Store and, yeah, it appears that other people are having exactly the same problem.

steve_t
Master Master
Master

@JamesC - any knowledge of problems with the iOS app currently?

wga57
Guide
Guide

I created a support ticket on this yesterday and hopefully this will be fixed soon, because my system is still completely useless.

wga57
Guide
Guide

Arlo replied to my case with the following response.

"As we have checked, Your base station is online and your 4 cameras are offline. We can try to bring them cameras nearby the base station and turn off the base station for 2mins, then turn it back one. From there it should be cameras should go back online."

Strangely enough this actually worked.  Once I got the cameras connected I could see that one of my four cameras had low batteries.  I am wondering if low batteries in that one camera may have caused the problem in the first place or if the problem caused the batteries to drain.  I did not get a low battery warning before any of this happened.  Anyway it works now, case closed.