Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

No "mode" on my app for me to be able to change lenth of videos

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Kimlee
Aspirant
Aspirant

There is no "mode" on my app for me to be able to change lenth of videos.  Do some cameras not come with that capability? 

5 REPLIES 5
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Here are the official instructions but I don't understand how you don't have a Mode tab. Any chance of a screenshot?

How do I adjust Arlo video recording length?

You can personalize your Arlo cameras to record videos from approximately 10 to 120 seconds long. On Arlo Pro Wire-Free, Arlo Q, and Arlo Q Plus cameras, you can also set your camera to record until motion stops, up to 300 seconds (5 minutes). 

To adjust Arlo video recording length:

1. Launch the Arlo app or log in to your Arlo account at arlo.netgear.com.
  2. Tap or click Mode.
  3. Select the base station or camera that you want to adjust.
  4. Tap the pencil icon or click > next to the mode for which you want to edit recording length.
    Note: You cannot adjust recording length for Disarmed or Schedule modes, only for active modes such as Armed.
  5. Tap the pencil icon or click > next to the rule that you want to edit.
    If the mode only has one rule, it is preselected.
  6. Tap the pencil icon or click > next to Record Video.
    Note: If Record Video is not selected, you cannot edit recording length.
  7. Select Record until activity stops (up to 300 sec) or select Record for a fixed length of time and move the slider to your preferred recording length.
  8. Tap < Edit Rule or click Back.
  9. Tap Done or click Save.
    Your recording length is updated.
Kimlee
Aspirant
Aspirant

At the bottom, the only choices are devices, library, and settings.  I cannot find mode anywhere.  Any help is greatly appreciated!

IMG_9843.PNG

steve_t
Master Master
Master

That's really strange. I'd uninstall the app from your phone. Restart your phone. Install the app from the App Store again and see what it's like when you login

Kimlee
Aspirant
Aspirant

That didn't work either. However, mode does show up on my husband's app. I guess that will have to be good enough. Thanks for your help!

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Kimlee,

It sounds like you are accessing using a shared account via the Grant Access feature. To change modes, you will need to have Access Rights enabled for the shared account. Edited modes must be done from the primary account.

JamesC