Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Motion detected but no recording

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
debhemsley
Aspirant
Aspirant

I do love this camera we have had it three weeks not but I do find that every ten days or do it detects motion but stops recording and I have to re boot and then its fine again. Is this normal because it does not seem right to me 

5 REPLIES 5
steve_t
Master Master
Master

What's happening? Is the camera losing sync with the base? Are the rules being changed? Do you have smartthings or other integrated systems? Are the black 'running man' symbols staying black?

debhemsley
Aspirant
Aspirant

The running man shows at it should. It is as if for some reason when we set the system in the programme mode with times when armed and not armed after approx 5 days it registers as movement logged but stops recording so we then have to reboot the system then it works as it should. If we decide to turn it onto armed and unarmed mode manually then it works fine all of the time and records when it needs to. It is as if it just loses synch.

we have other wireless devices in the house such as a smart thermostat, Alexa and other things 

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

If your saying when you use the Schedule after about 5 days the cameras stop working BUT on manual it always works ...

I'm thinking maybe there is either a glitch in the schedule or the mode ( settings in the base unit )

The ONLY way I can think of fixing this is to reset the base unit and then resync the cameras...this will bring all to default and if it should be then ok.

Remember  to try NOT to modify the ARMED mode, but create a custom mode if you want to change settings ( and then use that mode in schedule )

If the issue continues after a reset then I would suggest a call to Netgear support

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
JustLearning
Apprentice
Apprentice
Motion detected Amber man showing recording button not showing as recording and nothing in library after. How do I update firmware? Not sure this is the problem though!
steve_t
Master Master
Master

What firmware are each of your cameras on and what firmware is your basestation running?