Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 22 Replies
  • 10 Likes
  • 13 In Conversation
jak0lantash
Mentor
Mentor

The service was restored for me when NETGEAR announced the issue resolved.

But the same thing is happening again.

Can't log in via the browser: "You may be logged into NETGEAR Arlo in a different browser tab. Please close the tab before proceeding. You can also try to restart your browser or delete cookies from your browser before trying to login again."

Can log in via the app, but can't control the base station.

---
Former NETGEAR Employee.
Disclaimer: Views and opinions expressed here are my own.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
brh
Master
Master

@daphneindallas

What browser are you using? I use Chrome. I went in and deleted all oof my browsing history for all time. Included in that was cookies.

After deleting my browsing history, I could log in.

Brian

View solution in original post

22 REPLIES 22
ralfyguy1
Luminary
Luminary

Clear your browser cookies and it works again. I have no idea what the heck they always mess with.

stanky
Aspirant
Aspirant

same problem couldn't log in browser cookie crap message, they keep messing with log ins, turning us off to arlo.Over 2 years of use no problems until recent

Johng24
Aspirant
Aspirant

Finally made my 260 mile trip to the mountains to get my Arlo Go cameras. Removed batteries, recharged them, and now I am up and working. Thanks for the help from the community here, not Arlo!!

daphneindallas
Tutor
Tutor

I am unable to log in to Arlo App/web interface again this morning.  Is this issue affecting others?

brh
Master
Master

@daphneindallas

What browser are you using? I use Chrome. I went in and deleted all oof my browsing history for all time. Included in that was cookies.

After deleting my browsing history, I could log in.

Brian

daphneindallas
Tutor
Tutor

Yes, this worked in Chrome, Brian.  Also, by uninstalling and reinstalling smart phone app (Android) I was able to log in from phone as well.  Thanks!

Baldness
Apprentice
Apprentice

We shouldnt need to delete all our cookies and browsing history..

It is a pain in the backside.

Tigrou95
Apprentice
Apprentice
The same problem is today. No connection to my camera and I m one holidays I need it. When will you correct the bug ?
Baldness
Apprentice
Apprentice

Spent 40 mins with support essentially jsut going over the delete cookies etc routine I have already tried.

Eventially it worked but today I am back to the same issue of not being able to log in on a browser on a PC wit hthe login page flashing briefly and sometimes me seeing a ad device button = it is logging me in then logging me out and taking time to find my devices.

mrbenl
Apprentice
Apprentice

Finally working again for me using Chrome on the PC without deleting cookies or history... Whew.

Kenmor101
Tutor
Tutor

i have tried all of that and still get the same stupid message, fixing to throw it away and buy a real system

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

For those experiencing an issue logging in, if using google Chrome try pasting this in your url bar and then click "Remove All":

chrome://settings/cookies/detail?site=arlo.netgear.com

If using Firefox, follow the instructions listed here: How to clear the Firefox cache

If using the mobile app, check the app store and be sure you have the latest version available downloaded and installed.

You should then be able to log in.

JamesC

Baldness
Apprentice
Apprentice

Disable Anti virus then it works..

Why dont the support staff recommend this as well as  sking you to repeat the steps re clearing cache etc?

Kenmor101
Tutor
Tutor

i have turned off all anti virus and firewalls, cleared all the cookies's and cleared the history and still can't log in, i'm on Internet explore. does anyone know a fix for this crap.

Rebel62
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have had the same problem as the rest, I can't login because I have opened in other tab.  I have cleared out the history and I still get the same error message.  I also have had months of uninterrupted service until recently.  Now I don't even get emails alerting me of motion detection.  I have looked at all the likely problems, and completed all of the "fixes" and I still get the login error message.  PS the browser is Chrome, and I can log in with Edge, but I can't see the videos.  I have also log in on a different computer once using Chrome.

ralfyguy1
Luminary
Luminary

In Chrome go and pull up the Arlo login page.

Then click on "Secure" on the left of the address bar.

Click on the number of cookies shown under "Cookies".

In the popup box click "Remove" until all of them are gone.

Click "Done". 

Close Chrome.

Launch Chrome and go to the Arlo login again and log in.

jak0lantash
Mentor
Mentor

After clearing the cookies, I was eventually able to log in. But my base station was still offline. After multiple reboots and two-three days, it finally came back online.

To note that when powered on the alarm was armed (as I triggered it several times), but couldn't log in to turn it off, and don't see any recording in the library now. In conclusion, there was indeed an issue in the connection of the base station to the server. Nothing to do with my browser or my phone.

---
Former NETGEAR Employee.
Disclaimer: Views and opinions expressed here are my own.
yorkieliz
Aspirant
Aspirant

still doesn'twork can'tlogin on computer

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

yorkieliz,

What browser are you using? Have you cleared your cache?

JamesC

Kenmor101
Tutor
Tutor

I'm on IE and yes i have cleared everything 4 times now and nothing, I even shut the whole thing down over the weekend to see if that would help and nothing.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

When using IE 11, click the gear icon in the top right hand corner of your screen, go to Safety > Delete Browsing History.

This will bring up the following window, be sure to check off the boxes pictured below and then click Delete. Close and reopen your browser window and attempt to log in to Arlo.

Be sure to uncheck the "Preserve Favorites Website Data" box if it is already checked.

History.PNG

Kenmor101
Tutor
Tutor

Thank you very much, that worked so far.