Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Mssandling
Aspirant
Aspirant

We've had Arlo working for a while now. Our modem needed to be replaced, so we did. This required resetting Arlo (I finally realized) as it just kept saying not connected.
I couldn't find a way to switch the internet, so I did a full reset.

The modem ports work fine, and we're using a brand new ethernet cord, but Arlo refuses to connect to the internet, thus, it cannot reconnect.

We use 2 portable cameras that are paperweights at the moment... Any help would be AMAZING.

12 REPLIES 12
vbipi
Aspirant
Aspirant
Similar issue here, had my Arlo system working fine. Tested it for 4+ months with only 1 camera, added my two other cameras from the 3pack about 3 weeks ago, seemed ok. Yesterday one of the cameras went offline. Spent hours trying to get it back, eventually removed it from my profile, couldn’t add it back in, realized that my other 2 cameras were connected but I could not view video. Removed them, couldn’t get anything to add back in removed basestation. Now I can’t add in the basestation. Long story short - I gave 4 very expensive paperweights at the moment.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Switching networks should be as easy as turning the base off, doing the switch and turning the base back on. We need a lot more detail as to what you've tried and what you see. What are the LEDs on the base showing (always needed)? Did you actually perform a reset by removing all devices from Settings, My Devices? Did you hold the reset button until the LEDs flashed amber?

mcmu12
Luminary
Luminary
Mine are not working as of last night. I have rest everything. Removed and re-added cameras. Base shows the 3 usual lights on. Cameras don’t show working icon and won’t record.
mcmu12
Luminary
Luminary
So I noticed that my “All Motion On” mode was wiped out. Never happened before in 4 years. I had to re-add the rules for each camera. Grrrr.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If you reset the system, custom modes are wiped. If you're going to reset, remove everything from Settings, My Devices. Hold the reset button until the LEDs flash amber and start fresh. Not doing the whole process results in mixed results.

mcmu12
Luminary
Luminary
Actually I’ve reset base and cameras many many times over past 4 years and never had to re-do the “All Motion On” settings. This is the first time. Just glad I figured it out on my own.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I missed this on the first go-round - the "All Motion On" mode is a left-over from years ago when Arlo switched from this to the Armed mode. FOr many people, continued use of the old mode caused problems and the solution was to delete it and use the Armed mode. If that's all you need, do this and you won't have to redo the mode after a rebuild since it's automatic (changed settings in Armed will have to be reset, though).

Mssandling
Aspirant
Aspirant
The network switch was not that easy. After the switch, Arlo could not connect, and the internet light no longer lights up, even though I've verified each port is working correctly, by manually checking with another device.
Yes, I manually removed the entire base from my app. Now, it no longer connects nor reads my internet at all.
Mssandling
Aspirant
Aspirant
I removed the device from the app AND fully reset the systems (both the reset button, and an unplug /off on restart.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

While it could be a bad base, use a different Ethernet cable and router port. The Internet LED being off means there's not even a connection to the router which can be explained by a bad port on either the base or router or a bad or improperly connected Ethernet cable at one or both ends. You can always take the base to another location and plug it in to see if the Internet LED comes on which would prove the cable and base are ok.

Mssandling
Aspirant
Aspirant
I tried all 4 ports on the modem. The ports work fine for the desktop, Xbox &, ps4.
We tried different cords as well. The light at the port is orange as well, no matter where I switch it.
We used a brand new yellow ethernet cord to connect, no change.
Proof to the modem switch, my cameras worked fine.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The router port being amber is correct since the base port uses 100Mbps. 

Given your troubleshooting, it seems the base is bad. Open a case with support for a possible RMA:

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx