Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Has anyone seen Arlo cams' batteries jump up even though their batteries were never ch(an/ar)ged?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
ant
Mentor
Mentor

For an example with an original Arlo camera's four non-rechargeable Energizer RC123 batteries that were installed over a month ago, app and web site showed their batteries slowly going down to 48% yesterday morning. Last night, they were up to 82%. Huh?

Thank you for reading and hopefully answering soon. 🙂

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Possible it was working on one set of the 4 cells and somehow the contact was made for both pairs ??

Only time I 've seen it go up was after FW adjustment of battery  and only by a few %

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
ant
Mentor
Mentor

@TomMac wrote:

Possible it was working on one set of the 4 cells and somehow the contact was made for both pairs ??

Only time I 've seen it go up was after FW adjustment of battery  and only by a few %

Hmm. Maybe? Wait, were there recent updates for the original Arlo?

ant
Mentor
Mentor

I noticed this far away camera was offline for two days earlier today. At first, I thought it was too far to reach its base station so I took it down and moved it closer, but nope it still said offline. I took their batteries out and back in. App said 60% battery life. So, I put the camera back up, physically adjusted, and then its battery life down to 16%.  Sheesh. Very unstable. New four new batteries installed at 100%. I hope they don't go unstable again like that.