Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
ant
Mentor
Mentor

For an example with an original Arlo camera's four non-rechargeable Energizer RC123 batteries that were installed over a month ago, app and web site showed their batteries slowly going down to 48% yesterday morning. Last night, they were up to 82%. Huh?

Thank you for reading and hopefully answering soon. 🙂

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Possible it was working on one set of the 4 cells and somehow the contact was made for both pairs ??

Only time I 've seen it go up was after FW adjustment of battery  and only by a few %

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
ant
Mentor
Mentor

@TomMac wrote:

Possible it was working on one set of the 4 cells and somehow the contact was made for both pairs ??

Only time I 've seen it go up was after FW adjustment of battery  and only by a few %

Hmm. Maybe? Wait, were there recent updates for the original Arlo?

ant
Mentor
Mentor

I noticed this far away camera was offline for two days earlier today. At first, I thought it was too far to reach its base station so I took it down and moved it closer, but nope it still said offline. I took their batteries out and back in. App said 60% battery life. So, I put the camera back up, physically adjusted, and then its battery life down to 16%.  Sheesh. Very unstable. New four new batteries installed at 100%. I hope they don't go unstable again like that.