Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
davem1984
Follower
Follower

I have 4 cameras already connected to my base station and trying to add a 5th, i'm going through the process as per the instructions but the base station doesn't seem to be able to find the camera.

I have repeated the process about 10 times now....

Any thoughts as to how i can get over this hurdle?

9 REPLIES 9
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The most common mistake is holding the base sync button... it should be a quick push only.

That said that you did 4 already, makes it seems odd the last doesn't go.  I'd reboot the base with the power button...let it come back online with the ohter cameras ( a couple mins plus ).... open and close the battery door ( pull pack-replace if Pro ) and then attempt a sync again.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
CaesarHome
Initiate
Initiate

I have the same problem, I have my first 4 camera connected but can't connect the fifth one. Then I delete the 4th one and try to connect my fifth camera, but failed again. So I would say it's the camera 's problem. 

How can i connect to customer service, there is no phone number I can call.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Use the Contact Support link at the bottom here.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

CaesarHome,

Consider rebooting the base station using the on-off button. Allow the base station to come back online and attempt the sync process again. Are you still seeing the same behavior?

JamesC

txpapro
Tutor
Tutor

I've tried everything to reconnect my 5th camera after charging battery. All the other cameras synced quickly after recharging, so I know what I'm doing. I'm beginning to think its the camera. I've rebooted the base station, switched out cameras, batteries, etc. Nothing seems to work. As soon as I try to sync the camera I get an amber light. Any suggestions? I give up and the Arlo support is basic at best.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It does sound like a hardware issue. If new enough, you can swap at the store. Otherwise, open a case with support to use the warranty.

txpapro
Tutor
Tutor

Less than 6 months old. Don't know if Best Buy will exchange just one camera.

txpapro
Tutor
Tutor

When trying to sync camera, it blinks amber twice even before I push the cameas sync button.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Are the batteries proven to be good?