Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
Prolixium
Luminary
Luminary

Hi - 

I need to add a few more cameras (more than 5) than the basic plan supports so I decided to upgrade to the Premier plan for $100/year.  However, each time I enter my billing information I'm presented with a broken confirmation page that shows variables for most of the values like "Order Total: ${ordertotalstr}".  If I try to continue (hit purchase), it sits there for a few seconds and then gives me the orange banner saying "we cannot change your plan at this time".

Here's what the confirmation page looks like:

arlo-purchase-fail.png

My CC and billing info ends up being saved to my profile, but my plan never switches from basic to premier.  My CC is not charged, either.

Same thing happens if I try this from the mobile app on Android (showing the orange banner):

Screenshot_20170211-124818.png

Is purchasing broken, at the moment?  I tried two different credit cards from two different banks and I get the same results.

- Mark

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Engineering has identified the cause of this error and has deployed a fix to prevent users from experiencing this issue. The engineering team is continuing to work on a long-term solution for this issue so that users do not experience this in the future. For customers who previously were experiencing this behavior, please try again and let us know if any unexpected errors persist.

JamesC

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
BrendaBenter
Tutor
Tutor

Same exact problem... hope someone can help.  Annoying...

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Does seem like a server problem. Try contacting support.

CyberSamurai
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm having the same problem. Can't get anyone chat. Can't get a phone number. What is up? I'm trying to give you money. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Contact support using g the Contact Support link at the bottom of these pages.
Prolixium
Luminary
Luminary

I tried investigating the "support" route the other day and again, now.  The following page

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

.. does not show an option to start a chat.  Perhaps it's just always unavailable at the times I'm trying.  I actually think I remember seeing it awhile back when browsing the site.

Upon entering my credentials under "drop us a line", I get:

"Error. An error occurred while processing your request."

Phone support is not free outside of the 90 day window, as stated on the page.  There's no way I'm going to spend money in order to spend more money.

There seems to be much fail here on NETGEAR's part.  It seems my only option here is to wait it out and see if any employees notice this thread and take the initiative to open an internal IT support ticket.  I suppose there's always the Twitter route, but I'm not interested in persuing that.

- Mark

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Prolixium,

I would like to assist you further with this issue. I will reach out to you in a private message with more information.

JamesC

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Engineering has identified the cause of this error and has deployed a fix to prevent users from experiencing this issue. The engineering team is continuing to work on a long-term solution for this issue so that users do not experience this in the future. For customers who previously were experiencing this behavior, please try again and let us know if any unexpected errors persist.

JamesC

Srinivaspatri
Aspirant
Aspirant
When is the fix supposed to be deployed? I still cannot seem to get my status updates nor can I access my cameras
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Srinivaspatri,

What issue are you experiencing with subscriptions? The fix being referred to in this thread has already be deployed and resolved. Are you still experiencing an issue when attempting to upgrade your subscription plan?

JamesC