Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Are there any port requirements for Arlo?

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
MMD
Aspirant
Aspirant

I want to install Arlo in a marina where the internet service provider has some port restrictions.  Is there any port requirements needed for Arlo to work?  Right now, the base station shows as connected to the internet (LED status green) but from the app, I get the the base station is offline.  Is there anything else I can troubleshoot to resolve this offline situation?

5 REPLIES 5
Don_U
Star
Star

The base station does have to be directly connected to a router with a physical cable. The base station to router is not wireless. The "no wires" part of the Arlo package on pertains to the cameras being free of electrical and data wires allowing the cameras to be places virtually anywhere that is within transmission range of the base station.

dtorres30
Tutor
Tutor

@MMD: have you attempted to restart your base station, either via Base Station Settings, or by powering the unit Off for a minute, then powering it back On?

Please post and let us know if this helped.

MMD
Aspirant
Aspirant

I finally figured out what the problem was.  It seems that the base station was already registered under a different account.  When I set it up under my account, the system was confused hence why I couldn't see the cameras even if the lights were all green in the base station.  The solution was to unregister the base station from the other account, and it then started working well.

appleswagonbro
Aspirant
Aspirant

how did u unregister the account?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

appleswagonbro,

Settings > My Devices > select the base station > Remove Device.

Are you having a problem claiming a device? Please let me know if you need further assistance.

JamesC