Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
fightowensfight
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm trying to figure out mouting solutions without needing to drill into my exterior. I need to see what the underside of the security mount looks like so I can figure out whether an adhesive would work. 

Specifically, I am referring to this mount  as I need to know whether it's flat/hollow/curved on the bottom (so I can use tape).

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

It is raised and hollow with three screw opening at 120d each....tape will not work.

But remember, almost any flat metal stock wiill work with a 1/4 -20 bolt and screw if you bend it yourself

Or you could mount  it to something else, like a block of wood, and use adhesive.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
fightowensfight
Aspirant
Aspirant

TomMac wrote:

It is raised and hollow with three screw opening at 120d each....tape will not work.

But remember, almost any flat metal stock wiill work with a 1/4 -20 bolt and screw if you bend it yourself

Or you could mount  it to something else, like a block of wood, and use adhesive.

Thanks for the response!

Sorry, I'm not very handy. What is a flat metal stock? I would need the dumbest and easiest solution. I thought about taping over the edges using industrial grade adhesive, but that would be too obvious since anyone can see it. 

I then thought about using the magnetic mount, and somehow rigging the Arlo to remain chained to the mount, but I don't think that's possible as there isn't a hook on the magnetic mount to feed a small steel chain through. 

Maybe the Arlo won't work for me 😕

This is what I found when I searched for flat metal stock.

jhsonderb
Aspirant
Aspirant

Disregard my post -- I reread your original question and my response is totally not related to your question. I'm sorry.