Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Camera on/off feature gone. Please help

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Alfred77
Aspirant
Aspirant
Can someone help me please?

I had a 2 camera system up and running perfectly. I decided to return the 2 cam system and switched to a 4 cam system. When I switched over under devices there's a gear next to each system and before it had a switch to turn the cam on and off. Each individually could be turned on and off and now with the 4 system I don't have the option anymore. How do I get it back. I think it has something to do with the modes or firmware. Please help. Thanks!
5 REPLIES 5
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The on/ off switch I think your talking about is under each camera's settings at the top.

if it is not there now, it could be due to needing a SW update, tho the on/ off was done 5-6 months back (?) 

Either way you should have the Armed and Disarmed default modes...if you see them  labeled as something else, it's def a SW upgrade needed

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
Alfred77
Aspirant
Aspirant
That's the crazy thing. The modes are different than last set I had too. There is no disarm mode either under modes. It has 4 modes. Motion on, motion off, geo something and scheduled. There's also no firmware update. Yes when I had the 2 cam set under devices each cam had a little gear beside them which was settings for each cam and I could turn them on or off by sliding a switch. If you can think of anything I would appreciate it!
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I'd do the reset trick.  Hold the reset button on the base until the LEDs flash amber.  Remove all devices in Settings, My Devices and start fresh.  Use the Add Device button on the Devices tab to add the base and sync the cameras.  Check for firmware updates and then check your Mode tab and see if the default modes of Armed and Disarmed are there.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Follow above and also check out the FAQs on sw updating

The fact that you have ALL ON and don't have ARMED/DISARMED show it's an older SW version ( common due to shipping and sitting on shelf )

Morse is faster than texting!
Alfred77
Aspirant
Aspirant

I will give this a try later today. Thank

you so much!