Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Can no longer access video in email after less than 48 hours

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
kbridges
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just installed two cameras outdoors to catch someone stealing my mail from my mailbox which is accross the street.  Early morning on Feb.19th Arlo filmed a car stopping at the mailbox.  After less than 48 hours the video is no longer shared.  I thought the basic package storred the video in the cloud for seven days.  I have the video number.  Any way to get it back or is it still there?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Shared videos expire after 24 hours....

Go to your LIBRARY for the day and DOWNLOAD the file before it is gone... At day 8 from the event it is gone.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Shared videos expire after 24 hours....

Go to your LIBRARY for the day and DOWNLOAD the file before it is gone... At day 8 from the event it is gone.

manfredz
Hero
Hero

learned something new.

did i get it right, the share is gone 2 after 2 days, but the vid is still there for the full 7 days?

btw, is there any way of seeing how close you are to your 1Gb limit other than estimating from the number of files x average size?

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes... and if its important, get it now... the 7 days is a rolling date ...On day 8, day 1 is all gone.

You can fiq it out but not needed, Netgear hasn't enforce the 1 GB limit since they removed the usage gauge back in late 2015/ early 2016

BTW, 10 sec of video is just about 1mb...

manfredz
Hero
Hero

thanks.  keeping track of 7 days is easy. btw, i use 120 sec recordings and they're usually 7k.

kbridges
Aspirant
Aspirant

So how do you adjust the length of the vidio?

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

go to Mode

Armed > to edit

Camera, Edit

Record Video >

Change the time on slider

Use the Back button on top left

Scroll all the way down to the bottom for SAVE

manfredz
Hero
Hero

yeah not exactly intuitive.  dont know if i read how in a forum post or stumled upon by going through setting.

then made one of those silly mistakes.  made a rule changing time to 120 sec for my cams but it didn't work.  took a bit to figure out the radio button was still on armed instead of the rule i created