Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 29 Replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
Braindead88
Aspirant
Aspirant

Does Arlo address the Vuezone issue of simultaneous recordings (see link below)? I am a current Vuezone customer and tried to put two different cameras at my front door at different angles. Whichever camera detects motion first gets to record. I bypassed this issue by adding a second base station and not putting cameras close together on the same base station. I can't find anything about this on the Arlo website and was hoping this was not an issue anymore. I am unsure if I should upgrade to Arlo yet.

http://forum1.netgear.com/showthread.php?t=83845

29 REPLIES 29
bjaockx
Guide
Guide
Yeah I'm sure it might start getting a little confused. Right now I only have two cameras set up with rules like that and it is only due to the issue of my camera not being able to start soon enough to catch an object before it is past it, so the second camera comes on at the same time to give a different angle so the object will be seen.
Schorschi
Prodigy
Prodigy

Sure, you can set up multiple rules that are triggered by a motion event of the same camera, but you won't be able to activate more than one of those rules in the same mode. As soon as you attempt to activate a second rule that's triggered by a motion event of a camera for which a rule is already active in the same mode, the previously enabled rule will automatically get deactivated and the newly selected rule becomes active. Observe the color of the respective checkmarks in a mode: checkmark of the first selected rule goes black, newly selected rule's checkmark turns green.

In other words, right now it is impossible to have more than one camera record when triggered by a motion event of a single camera. The camera that detects the motion doesn't have to be identical to the camera that records, but at a maximum no more than one camera can record when triggered by the same camera.

Rodolfo
Star
Star
SchorSchi,

EXACTLY. Multiple rules are possible but not concurrently activated as one thinks.

A) Simultaneous recording/live viewing is possible by no more than 4 cameras.
B) One camera detecting motion and another camera recording triggered by that motion is possible, that is a rule, but only one rule can be active for the given camera, regardless how many rules one can create for cameras and motions,

Finally, why these conditions are not openly explained on the Arlo web site? Why current owners have to find the limitations the hard way, after buying a fifth camera for example?
Tonyt23
Aspirant
Aspirant
My cameras only used to record if it detected motion but now if one camera is triggered all 3 record which is stupid because there is only movement on one camera. How can I stop this??
manfredz
Hero
Hero

the most common way to get multiple recordings of came is if you set up a rule for that in modes.  Namely if movement on CAM A start recording CAM B.  Any chance you did this (rules are in Modes)?