Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Connecting but no recordings or live stream

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
MNMarkW
Aspirant
Aspirant

2 camera system was working: notification when motion sensed, recordning taking place, recording in library, and ability to live stream as required.

3 days ago it stopped.  I see everything is connected and I get the notification by e-mail that motion is sensed but no library recordings and when i got to look at LIVE I see a perpetual "getting status..." message and the live screen indicates the last time a live happened by 3 days ago on one camera and 6 days ago on camera #2.  

Please...any suggestions to fix.  i did reboot the bridge didn's work.

Thanks 

Mark 

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
What mode are you using?
pikus581
Aspirant
Aspirant

im having the same problem

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Details.

MNMarkW
Aspirant
Aspirant

The mode is armed and green...or at least it was when I looked at it last. In past 24 hours I can now not get access to the mode either.  When I click on Mode I just get a perpetual "getting information" message.  Live is still perpeutal "Getting status". Nothing new in library despite getting alerts of motion detected from both cameras.  

I have tried pretty much everything in the troubleshooting section the manual.   I think what I am going to do at this point since there doesn't seem to be an easy/known fix, I will just reinstall everything from scratch (batteries, resync, etc.) to bring things back up again to a working state (hopefully).  

Mark 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
It's possible that a firmware update got botched, leading to issues. I agree that you're at the point that a factory reset is called for, if for no other reason than to cut your losses. Power cycle everything, including a the cameras. Remove all devices from Settings My Devices which should reset the base. I'd still use the reset button just for completeness. Use the Add Device button in the Devices tab to add the base and sync the cameras. Check the firmware versions against the Release Notes section here.

If you have custom modes, be sure to note them to rebuild easier.