Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cameras will not record, firmware will NOT update

Discussion stats
  • 30 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
duqu
Guide
Guide
I have tried everything I have seen in these forums. Resetting, resynching, making sure everything is properly setup (including double checking the settings,) making sure the sensors are working, battery levels, etc. and nothing gets these cameras to record when they sense motion.

I basically have $1000 in battery operated paperweights that worked perfectly until early November (haven't had time to troubleshoot this until the last two days) then they stopped recording.
30 REPLIES 30
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Murtaugh,

Firmware updates take place automatically. As long as there are no complications (poor internet speed) the firmware update will occur without user interaction.

JamesC

Eleanor14
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have 8 cameras and only one of them started doing the same thing yesterday...

I've reset the whole system and still have the same issue, but it was working fine just a few days ago.

Eleanor14
Aspirant
Aspirant

Now one of the other 7 cameras is recording even when it's turned off!??

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Eleanor14,

Consider a base station reboot, using the on-off button. Allow the base station to come back online with a solid green power and internet LED and test again. Are you still experiencing this behavior?

JamesC

Murtaugh
Aspirant
Aspirant

Elanor and all. Arlo and Netgear have bad equipment and poor support.

I've tried and tired and tried all of the reboot and redo over and ovver.  In every combination of iteration of possible steps that can be inerpreted from the incomplete instructions that have rarely been provided. Nothing works.  No help from Netgear so far. Get another type of equipment from another firm with decent technical support.  So pissed.  My cameras look like I have a security system.  I'd be better to buy an old good camera and mount it up high to try to fake someone out.  Disgusted.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Murtaugh,

I would like to offer assistance with your support case. Please provide me with the case number and I will review your case and escalate as needed.

JamesC