Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 6 In Conversation
brandon_mc928
Follower
Follower
Cameras were working fine, one was without batteries for a few days, now they both won't record as soon as motion is detected (you used to be able to see me coming out of the house, and going in, now all I get is the door shutting both ways) and it's not taking videos as often as it used to, or takes videos of no movement at all
8 REPLIES 8
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

brandon_mc928,

Are you using a default mode (Armed) or a custom mode? It sounds like you may want to increase the sensitivity for your cameras within the rules. 

JamesC

poozybear
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm having the same problem. Cameras are about two years old, and always worked extremely well. I have them set to schedule at night, for one full minute of recording. I used to wake up to 10-20 recordings, everything from wild animals to cars driving down the street. About three weeks ago I noticed that I was only recording about 2-3 times a night. When I let the dogs out before bed, it always records me, but I'm two feet from the camera. Anything farther than that will not trip the motion sensors.

The cameras have not been moved (other than to change batteries), and the wifi is working fine. If I switch to live rather than schedule, there's no difference. Any chance the sensors have just gotten dirty with time and need maintenance? I'm stumped here.

I have a newer ArloQ inside the house, and that one is working perfectly. It's only the two outside.

Kathy

manfredz
Hero
Hero

might be worth cleaning lens and sensors if simply that.

I'd also, bring them in , one by one, and walk in front back and forth at varying distances to see what is and isnt recorded.

poozybear
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks so much. I'll give the cleaning a try. Are there instructions anywhere on how to do that? If not, I'll have my engineer hubby take a crack at it.

poozybear
Aspirant
Aspirant

Well this is interesting. I just armed them, which I don't usually do during the day. Both cameras immediately tripped, three times in ten minutes from people walking down the street. Would a dirty sensor be less likely to work properly in the dark? Very odd that there's no issue with daylight, but barely working at night.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Seems that there would be less IR, especially reflected from the sun's output, so I'd think so.

Chapel
Tutor
Tutor
Since the new update on 5/7 of the app I am having every sort of problem. Late notifications and sometimes no notifications. It used to work so well... customer service has been Pleasant once you are finally able to get ahold of them which is difficult but even though they are Pleasant they are not able to resolve my issues period they need to fix that app and put out a new version
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Chapel,

Consider rebooting your base station using the on-off button. Allow the base station to come back online and try again. Do you still see the same behavior?

JamesC