Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

vmb3000 netgear router VMS3230C 2 cams bought in costco pkg quit after 20 days won't send alert emai

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Jelly
Aspirant
Aspirant

Bought in package at Costco after 20 days quit sending email alerts when motion was detected.  changed to auto mode vs schedule and still nada, it takes video just no alert email sent.  called Netgear and got a brilliant (sarcastic)* response "call your isp and put arlo.com on white list"...trying getting ahold of outlook.com, so just tried a different email and still no alert emails....rebooted router....any ideas?

would deleting the devices and starting over have an impact?

a better resolution would have been for her to send me an email from arlo and see if it can through....a test email should be easy and simple

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

You could attempt a removal of the cameras and bringing them back as new ( remove device )...

But i would alsl check the junk file area of your emails just in case.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Jelly
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for ytour reply...checked all junk spam etc...nothing.   if I have to go up on the roof for the second cam i'll take them back...not worth a science project...shame they worked great for 20 days

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jelly,

Are you using a custom mode or the default Armed mode? Check the rules for your active mode and make sure email alerts are enabled.

JamesC