Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
amcapone
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have spent 5 hours troubleshooting the system. Having changed batteries, all re-sync were successful. image visible. all icons lit. however, the cameras will not stay in active set mode, 2/3 do not record nor sense motion, but they stream video just fine. nothing wrong with my network online. the cameras simply will not perform correctly. At my wits end here; this system is not user friendly and is consistently subject to unexplained malfunctions, none of which are available to troubleshoot through Netgear/Arlo. Please help, as I am very concerned I have wasted 500 dollars. If this is what happens when I change batteries, what's the fix.
7 REPLIES 7
amcapone
Aspirant
Aspirant
The cameras reflect motion on, however motion detection is arbitrarily turning off after i stream video. I then must reset and re sync, it works...and then the issue repeats. 5 hours later the cycle continues. ALL settings are CORRECT.
amcgarrah
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same problem. The cameras come on like they are recording (red lights) and I get nothing!!! It just started today. Not sure what's going on.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

A possible issue could be that you need to log out and back in - that's solved some issues for me in the past.  If that doesn't work, reboot the base (use the power button rather than the restart button) and open and close the battery covers on the cameras.  Maybe they're just weird and a reset will help. After all of this, does the issue remain?  Can you verify that they're actually in use?  Can you live view successfully?  Is your schedule set properly (including rules and modes, verifying that checkmarks are green or black as appropriate)? What's happening with the running men - red or gray? Turn schedule off and set all motion on and off and check for proper operation.  

Good luck...

Sam
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same here. I turned off all motion last night cause kids come to my house trick or treat. Turned all motion back on later. Motion detection signal still grey. Resynced. Reloaded battery. Powered off and on. Nothing works.
Bikerbill1
Aspirant
Aspirant
If you have more than one device, such as phone iPad computer etc on account make sure your not streaming on one divide while trying to get motion to work motion will not work while streaming
amcapone
Aspirant
Aspirant
UPDATE: Shortly after my most recent post, the system "glitching" subsided. Only dealing with the all-too-familiar "lag" in buffering imagery. Unfortunately, motion notifications are random and do not consistently report, however, the camera hardware has resumed normal performance. I can't imagine anything but a firmware issue would precipitate such issues as I have previously described, but who knows. I would like to think I am tech -savy when manipulating camera settings (I hold a prof. degree in cinematography) but if anyone has insight into the root cause, please post!
amcapone
Aspirant
Aspirant
My "fix" was to repeat the manufacturer's sync and schedule instruction whuch is self explanatory (re-set base, re-sync cams (important to remove cover first and allow the blue LED to steady and register the camera having power again before you sync, careful to observe any amber LED signifying communication errors) and verify settings. I removed all rules and modes and then reinstated. Several attempts later, the system is running properly but at a slower buffer.