Base station keeps disconnecting from the internet

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
tchin1
Initiate
Initiate
I was using 4 cameras for the past 3 weeks. I then added a 5th camera 2 days before I went overseas on holiday.
The cameras were working for 2 days then i get the message when trying to view the cameras that the base station is disconnected. I got my friend to go round and restart the base station and router and it was working but then 12hrs later the same disconnection message.

Why does this keep happening? How can i fix it?

I got the cameras to monitor my home while out or on holiday but all this causes me is worry.
2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It would help to know if the LEDs on the base were all green or, if not, which ones were what.  Also, a quick thing that may help would be to log out of the Arlo servers and back in.  Sometimes it's just a display thang...

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

. I got my friend to go round and restart the base station and router and it was working but then 12hrs later the same disconnection message.

Why does this keep happening? How can i fix it?

You can remotely restart the Arlo Base by going to SETTINGS/BASE STATION SETTINGS/RESTART.

The base will reboot and should come back on line... Why? most of the time I seen it go off line is due to power dropping out and coming back quickly.

If the router has to be restarted, for functioning, then maybe the router or your service will have to be checked out

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------