Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Lrexx
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just bought and set up three cameras (two mounted outside). All were working fine for a couple of hours and now they are all offline. Do I really need to get up on that ladder to bring the outside ones back down to re-sync? And if this happens regularly, am I going to have to keep going up and down? That seems nuts. Especially if it goes down at night (as is the case today) when it's not that easy to grab them. The base is in a central location, a hub to all three cameras so distance from the base is not an issue.. And I did not receive any alert that the cameras went offline.

4 REPLIES 4
Schorschi
Prodigy
Prodigy
Are you sure they are offline? What makes you say they are offline? If you're using an app, try going into your account with a browser (arlo.netgear.com) or vice versa. Do you see the same symptoms?

There have been reports of people being unable to use live view due to their browsers having problems with Flash.
Lrexx
Aspirant
Aspirant

They were listed as offline on the app and on multiple browsers. They ended up going back online on their own a day and a half later without my doing a single thing to them. So it's still a mystery. 

elsa123
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just set up my camera yesterday and am having the exact same issue. Did you ever figure out what is making it happen?? It is working just fine now during the day, but it was offline for some reason all night. The connection was fine, and I re-synced it twice and it synced fine as well.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Internet outages anyplace along the line can cause this.  Server downtime is always an issue as is any break in connectivity between the router and server.  Unfortunately, it can be hard to place blame but you can always try to ping arlo.netgear.com to see if things work that way using a ping app or the command:

ping arlo.netgear.com