Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
FrankxThexTank
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

I'm trying to set up my Arlo cam directly to my Nighthawk R7000 router instead of via the base station. I don't see the Arlo option in my router settings though. I'm on Firmware Version V1.0.5.70_1.1.9. I've checked for updates, but it says there's no new firmware.

Is there a way to set up my Arlo via my Nighthawk router when I don't see the Arlo option? Or should there be a newer firmware version that enables the Arlo option automatically?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

FrankxThexTank,

Currently, Beta firmware is no longer available for the R7000 that will support Arlo cameras.

JamesC

FrankxThexTank
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks, I managed to download and install the firmware.

Unfortunately the firmware was no good. I was hoping to no longer need the base station. But when I connect my arlo cameras directly to the router, the motion detection doesn't work anymore for some reason. So I'm back to the base station again ....

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Sounds like maybe you didn't delete devices from Settings, My Devices first before adding to the router.  I have no issues with cameras attached to the router recording.  I suspect it would be something in your Arlo and/or router config that's the issue.

Or, use the base...  🙂