Camera Connection Stopped Working For No Reason

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
bignicknicknick
Tutor
Tutor
Today, something strange happened. Two of my cameras have 3 bars when connecting to the base, but one of my cameras has always had 2 bars.

Everything worked fine and I never had any issues. Today, I noticed the camera that normally has 2 bars now has 1 bar. I haven't moved it and now it's unreliable. It won't record when something is right in front of it and the batteries are completely full.

I haven't moved the base station or camera and now it won't work reliably. I took the other two cameras back and they only have 1 bar in the same area.

How come this worked properly for 5 months and now it's acting up? Any ideas on how to strengthen the connection?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Hard to say.  It's possible that something between the camera and base got moved and is blocking some signal, a neighbor has a strong WiFi that's interfering with your signal, etc.  Use your phone and load a WiFi signal strength app to see if you can determine what signals are strongest in the camera location.  Be aware that other wireless (not WiFi) signals on the 2.4GHz band can also cause issues which won't show up on the app.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Hard to say.  It's possible that something between the camera and base got moved and is blocking some signal, a neighbor has a strong WiFi that's interfering with your signal, etc.  Use your phone and load a WiFi signal strength app to see if you can determine what signals are strongest in the camera location.  Be aware that other wireless (not WiFi) signals on the 2.4GHz band can also cause issues which won't show up on the app.