Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
Vustadumas
Initiate
Initiate
Base station powered and connected. Hasn’t been offline. Cameras are all de synced and will not reconnect. Spoke with CS and they suggested deleting and reconnecting all my cameras manually. There is no way to reconnect these things from their installed position? So every time they disconnect, I have to get my ladder out and take the cameras down, bring them to the base station and do a sync? There has to be a better way. Do any of the other Arlo products have the ability to reconnect from afar?
9 REPLIES 9
brh
Master
Master

@Vustadumas,

If you removed the cameras from the system you will probably need to bring them close to the base to reconnect them. But, after that if you are simply changing batteries or re-syncing them you should be able to leave them where they are without bringing them down.

Brian

kevin_in_az
Star
Star

Welcome to the hell that is being an Arlo owner.  I have to resync my cameras every few weeks.  It sucks.  

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@kevin_in_az

When did this issue first occur? 

kevin_in_az
Star
Star
It started happening around Halloween. Then about every month since then.
Vustadumas
Initiate
Initiate
Only time I’ve removed any of them from the base station, was when they did this exact thing last time. One camera in particular would not reconnect, so I killed it and synced it again.

It’s too much hassle dealing with these cameras. I think it’s time to find something better.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@kevin_in_az

it sounds like there may be some newer interference occurring. Did you happen to move the base station closer to any electronic devices or the router? 

kevin_in_az
Star
Star

Negative, nothing has been moved or added in over 2 years except for my Ring doorbell that I added after my cameras were offline for over a week.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@kevin_in_az

Have you tried to remove the cameras from the Settings > My Devices > Re-add and test again?

kevin_in_az
Star
Star

I have to remove and resync the cameras about every month to every 6 weeks.  Not by choice......