Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cameras aren't sensing motion unless in front of camera. Notifications aren't coming. Tinted red.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
KDS8
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just set my Arlo system up over the weekend and been testing it for a couple days. Both cameras don't seem to be sensing motion until right in front of the camera. I don't get notifications every time it does sense motion. One camera is live and recording in red color video. Let me know how to fix

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Camera positioning is important - don't try to get a wide view. Rotate the cameras so only the actual area of interest is seen. Make sure motion is basically from side to side - PIR detectors don't work well when motion is directly at the camera. You can also change the motion sensitivity in your modes and rules - read the FAQs here on how to do this. Basically, go to the Mode tab, click on your base and edit your modes (Armed by default). Consider making your own custom modes for full control (another FAQ).

If you need, post screenshots of the camera views for suggestions.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Camera positioning is important - don't try to get a wide view. Rotate the cameras so only the actual area of interest is seen. Make sure motion is basically from side to side - PIR detectors don't work well when motion is directly at the camera. You can also change the motion sensitivity in your modes and rules - read the FAQs here on how to do this. Basically, go to the Mode tab, click on your base and edit your modes (Armed by default). Consider making your own custom modes for full control (another FAQ).

If you need, post screenshots of the camera views for suggestions.

KDS8
Aspirant
Aspirant
I was able to adjust the sensitivity of the sensor and plan to tweak the setup locations to catch side to side movement. My second camera still is red tinted. How can I correct this?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The red tint is an artifact of the IR filter used for night vision. About all you can try is to open and close the battery door to see if the filter will unstick itself. A moderate jostling may also be useful. If not, it's a hardware problem and can only be solved by swapping at the store or use of the Contact Support link at the bottom here.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru