Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
veener79
Luminary
Luminary

I know there have been some updates.  My one camera used to get tripped a lot because of a flag in the front yard.  My others cameras would get tripped a little bit one is because it is front of the garage.  

Then a couple weeks ago my front yard camera almost did not pick up the flag at all.  I walked out to make sure it saw me walking and it did.  Now it is getting the flag a little more.  

Now the one over the garage is not even picking up the cars most of the time they are pulling in and out the garage.  The camera was doing it fine last week.  Yet it is picking up cars turning onto our street.  That is only taking up 1% of the veiwing area in the uppper left hand corner.  I have not adjusted any settings.  

I am just trying to get down why it seems like my camera's senativity seems to be changing even though the app is showing I have not changed a setting.  

BTW I was part of the group that had the recordings missing for a couple days.  Not sure if that could note anything. 

Thanks for any tips.

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Not knowing where you are, I do know that some of my my settings do change as the seasons do.... due to sun location, temp, etc.

Normal adjustments every now and then can be needed

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
veener79
Luminary
Luminary

Ok I live in the Chicago area.  We are getting our first temps near or below freezing in the morning.  Right now like today we did not get out of the 30's.  So the cooler it gets the more I need to bump up the settings?  

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

you couldn't hurt anything by doing so ...it's an easy test and the worst problem is to many false triggers/recordings

Morse is faster than texting!